The LS-208 is a noise-rejecting large diaphragm condenser microphone for live, recording and broadcast applications. This high-fidelity replacement to classic end-address dynamic microphones is equipped with two dedicated filters for immediate sound-shaping at the source. Record vocals and percussion with impact and clarity or flip a switch to capture electric guitars with warmth and unprecedented realism. In addition to its timbral flexibility, the LS-208 has the ability to withstand a staggering 135dB of SPL without internal padding, making it a uniquely powerful choice for extremely loud and dynamic sound sources.
Record guitars, drums, horns and vocals in the same room, live, with superior sound quality and isolation.
STUDIO QUALITY ANYWHERE
Because of its off-axis noise rejection and flexible sound, the LS-208 is a powerful drop-in replacement for traditional end-address dynamic microphones. Capture vocals with intimate clarity, drums with explosive impact, and guitar amplifiers with depth and unprecedented realism.
HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE AND SPL
The ability to withstand 135dB of SPL without internal padding makes the LS-208 a perfect choice for extremely loud and dynamic sound sources. Even at close proximity, the sound of the LS-208 remains astonishingly natural and life-like.
ANALAG SOUND SHAPING
Two dedicated filters allow for analog sound-shaping at the source, removing the need to change out microphones in order to get the sound you want. Record a tight and bright snare drum or a dark and sultry vocal at the flip of a switch.
The LS-208 signal path is hand-populated with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors, a USA made FET, and a custom wound output transformer. The result is a natural and true-to-life sound with exceptional isolation and transient response.
DESIGNED & TESTED IN SILICON VALLEY, CA
Each LS-208 is lovingly designed and crafted to last a lifetime by the Lauten Audio family
IN THE BOX
• Flight Case
• Shock Mount
• Adjustable Hard Mount
• Foam Windscreen
DEALER WEB BULLET POINTS
• Natural, studio quality sound on any source
• Excellent off axis rejection
• 135dB of dynamic range
• Internally shock mounted condenser element
• Versatile sound shaping with two onboard filters
IDEAL FOR USE ON
• Electric guitar
• Broadcast, podcast, and voiceover
• Snare and Toms
• Male and female vocals
• Extremely loud sound sources
• Use in untreated rooms
- Type: Front-address pressure gradient FET condenser
- Capsule: 35mm
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Freq. Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Dynamic Range: 135dB minimum
- SPL Handling: >135DB (0.5%THD@1000Hz)
- Impedance: >150 ohms
- Self-noise level: < 15dB-A
- Sensitivity: 5mV/Pa -46dBV (0dB=1V/Pa 1KHz)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Power: Requires 48v Phantom Power
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.