The Matthews Effects Whaler V2 is an original fuzz pedal that takes your guitar from a Velcro monster of the depths, to a massive attacking beast of the sea. Built on a desire to find the elusive tone that is always taunting us, the Whaler V2 uses a truly original dynamic fuzz circuit that takes you from a pushed tube amp tone to fuzz hysteria. Dive into its deceptively simple controls for a deep wealth of tone unlike any other fuzz pedal. This new version has an added gain stage, substantially increasing The Whaler V2's range and depth of sound.
Sculpting Your Fuzz
Achieve different fuzz and gain tones using the "Sustain" and "Squish" knobs. "Sustain" is a wide range control that lets you dial how hard the signal hits the front end of the circuit, taking you from a dirty drive to a thick, blubbery fuzz. The "Squish" knob adjusts the positive bias of the different gain stages, which changes the overall characteristic of the gain, from a ripping velcro, gated sound to a more open traditional fuzz.
Dynamic Tone Controls
The Whaler's dynamic EQ starts with the “Tone” knob, which when turned clockwise, produces more highs and less lows and vice versa. The "Body" control sculpts the mid response from all-out scooped, to a heavy mid EQ. These two deceptively simple knobs offer a wide range of tones available at your fingertips.
Output - Volume of the effect
Sustain - Controls amount of fuzz
Squish - Control bias of the fuzz
Tone - Turned clockwise, increases highs and decreases lows and vice versa
Body - Lets you scoop the mids
Built in USA
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail to make the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with The Whaler V2. Its wide range of dynamic fuzz tones make for a pedal that is as vast and wild as the seven seas.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedal board placement effortless
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.