The TLM 102 is available in nickel or black; a stand mount is included.
- TLM 102 microphone
- SG 2 Stand mount swivel
- Microphone Boom Stand
- Microphone (XLR-XLR) Cable
The reduced overall size contributes to an exceptionally compact appearance, which unites all of the typical design components of a Neumann microphone. The harmonious proportions and gleaming grille ring ensure that even at first glance, the TLM 102* attracts attention.
The TLM 102 is impressive in terms of sound: In the interior is a newly developed large-diaphragm capsule (cardioid) with a maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB, which permits the recording of percussion, drums, amps and other very loud sound sources, for example.
Instruments that are not especially loud also benefit from the very fast transient response of the TLM 102. However its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech; a slight boost above 6 kHz provides for excellent presence of the voice in the overall mix. Up to 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear, ensuring minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range.
The capsule has an elastic suspension for the suppression of structure-borne noise. A pop screen integrated into the grille serves to suppress plosives in vocal and speech recording.
Due to its price and flexible field of application, the TLM 102 is ideal for the home recording and project studio sector, as well as for the broadcasting area, especially when clear lines of sight to the speakers are a priority.
*The design of the microphone is a registered design of the Georg Neumann GmbH in certain countries.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic (pressure gradient transducer)
- Compact, characteristic but smaller-scale Neumann design
- Very high maximum sound pressure level
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
Vocals and speech
In particular, pickup of especially loud instruments: Drums, percussion, wind instruments and amps
Home recording, project and broadcasting studios
These are just some of the most common applications. We recommend additional experimentation to gain maximum use from this microphone.
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) 3.5 mA
- Matching connector XLR3F
- Weight approx. 210 g
- Diameter 52 mm
- Length 116 mm
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.