The Solina V from Arturia is a virtual instrument that faithfully models the classic Arp/Eminent Solina string ensemble. The modeling process of the Solina MK1 started with making sure that the violin, viola, cello, horn and trumpet sounds were as rich and warm as the original, along with the renowned Ensemble effect.
In addition to providing all the original parameters of the string ensemble, the company has expanded the sound generating elements to include the Vox Humana and Resonators from the Polymoog synthesizer, original paraphonic and new polyphonic modes of operation, a 24 dB per octave filter on the bass section, LFO and arpeggiator.
Besides the classic vintage synthesizer string sounds, the instrument includes ambient pads, mono leads, basses, brass, arpeggios and more. All the effects from the original are also available, along with more modern additions. Control over the many parameters is implemented with a simple MIDI learn function with the ability to store different configurations and recall them as needed.
- All original parameters of the Arp/Eminent Solina string ensemble
- Vox Humana sound modeled after the original Polymoog synthesizer
- Classic paraphonic operation as well as separate polyphonic mode
- 1978 Bob Moog's polysynth resonator section on upper section
- Solina MK1 and MK2 ensemble modes
- 24 dB per octave resonant filter on bass section
- Arpeggiator on bass section
- LFO for vibrato, tremolo, and filter modulation
- Aftertouch and velocity modulation
- Three-mode stereo chorus
- Stereo dual phaser
- Analog delay
- Digital sync delay
- Convolution reverb with twenty-four models
- 150 presets
- Resizable GUI