Meet the Black Lion Audio B173 mkII — the most portable 1073 British-sound around! The B173 mkII uses the same Cinemag input and output transformers as our B173 Quad for a whopping 70dB of gain, a revamped gain stage, and a lower noise floor for cleaner, lower distortion sound. A front panel D.I. delivers a harmonically rich tone to guitars, keyboards, and synthesizers, and stepped input gain and variable output attenuation allow for perfect control over transformer saturation.
• 1-channel preamp with USA Cinemag input and output transformers
• Stepped gain control; variable output attenuator
• Front-panel DI, phantom power, polarity-reverse, 18dB pad, hi-Z switch
• External power supply minimizes noise
• Convenient, rugged half-rack chassis
• Designed and assembled in the USA
The X1 A: It could be your first mic, but it's one you'll want to keep forever. There's a new entry point to sE's acclaimed X1 Series, and it's breaking the performance barrier (again) for every mic in its class.
When it was introduced in 2011, the X1 brought a new level of quality to its price point, competing easily with microphones costing several times as much. But that didn't stop sE from trying to outdo themselves again.
With a newly-developed condenser capsule and an exterior based on the rugged metal chassis of the X1, the X1 A offers first-class sound & specifications at an even better "home studio" cost, featuring an extremely natural frequency response, massive SPL-handling capabilities (150dB!), switchable attenuation and low-cut filters, and a perfectly balanced sensitivity level - so it's at home on absolutely any source.
From vocals to acoustic instruments to electric guitars or percussion, the X1 A is the perfect choice for any musician seeking a high-quality microphone with an entry-level price tag.
ALL-METAL HOUSING & PREMIUM FINISH
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the X1 A's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come. INTEGRATED WINDSCREEN
Eliminates the need for an external pop filter, and provides an extra layer of safety and security for the all-important capsule. COMPLETELY NEW ACOUSTIC DESIGN
The X1 A's new condenser capsule design is a work of art, delivering stellar sonic performance on any source with incredible speed, accuracy, and well-balanced frequency response.
The electronics have also undergone a complete overhaul, and exhibit better specifications and sound - on and off the test bench - than any other microphone in its class.
ATTENUATION & LOW CUT SWITCHES
The -20 dB pad switch on the left provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
On the right, the 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR
Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
IN THE BOX
- X1 A microphone
- swivel mic clip
- mic stand thread adapter
- Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dB)
- Max SPL: 130 / 150 dB (0 / 20 dB pad, (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 114 / 134 dB (0 / 20 dB pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR
- Power requirement: 48V phantom according to IEC 61938
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.0 mA
- Diameter: 58 mm (2.28 in.) ÃƒÅ’Ã‚Â´ÃƒÅ’_x ÃƒÅ’Ã‚Â´ÃƒÅ’_Length: 169 mm (6.65 in.)
- Weight: 390 g / 13.8 oz