What happens when you take the stately B12A and add some extra special sauce? You get the B12A MKII!With a titillating Cinemag input transformer, less noise, and more API®-style gain than ever before, the B12A MKII will sweeten your preamp collection for years to come! According to Phil O’Keefe at Harmony Central, “Black Lion Audio’s B12A MKII is one of the best ways to get into a 312A style preamp at a reasonable price.” Get ready to hear what you’ve been missing!
Inspired by the classic American rock sound of the original API® 312A, the B12A MKII delivers the high-end sound and rugged quality you’d expect from B.L.A., at an amazing price! The B12A MKII is a single-channel microphone preamp in the style of an API® 312A, and features an upgraded input transformer, higher gain, and lower noise than the original B12A. It also features an output transformer, a Hi-Z input, phantom power, pad, phase, and is housed in a 1U, 1/2 rack chassis.
Registered trademarks belong to Automated Processes, Inc.
- Cinemag Input Transformer
- Edcor Output Transformer
- 70dB Gain
- Hi-Z Input (passive, unbalanced)
- Phantom Power
- 18dB Pad
- Phase Switch
- XLR Microphone Input
- TRS Line Output (balanced)
- Max Microphone Input Level: +1dBu
- Input Impedance: 200Ω
- Pad: 18dB
- Gain (no pad): +26dB to +70dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -120dBu
- THD+N (@ +4dBu output):
- .012% @ +22 dBu
- .013% @ +36 dBu
- .046% @ +56 dBu
- .145% @ +66 dBu
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 150Ω source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kHz
- Max D.I. Input Level: +18dBu
- Input Impedance: 1.1MΩ
- Pad: none
- Gain: +10dB to +53dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -102dB
- THD+N (@ +4dBu output):
- .013% @ +10 dBu
- .124% @ +36 dBu
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 600Ω unbalanced source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kHz
- Max Output Level: +28dBu
- Output Impedance: 600Ω
Product Dimensions - 9.5” x 6.5” x 1.75”
Product Weight - 3.2 lbs
Shipping Dimensions - 13” x 13” x 5”
Shipping Weight - 6 lbs
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose. If you have questions, please reach out to us prior to purchasing.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.