Burl Audio B2 Bomber ADC 2-Channel A-to-D Converter Dante Brooklyn II
The Burl Audio B2 Bomber is a 2-Channel A-to-D Converter using a revolutionary transformer circuit, using the BURL AUDIO BX1.
Includes Dante Brooklyn II card.
The B2 Bomber ADC from BURL Audio is the most significant piece of audio gear in your studio, and you don’t even own it yet. You’ve spent a fortune on great mics, great mic pres, and a kick ass DAW, but unfortunately you are missing one key component; an ADC with an audio path worthy of your recordings.Open up your best mic pre and look inside. You will see high quality components like tubes, large transformers and high quality capacitors. Open up your ADC and you will find cheap 10 cent capacitors and run-of-the-mill 25 cent op-amps, even when you’ve spent a lot of money on your interface. Most DAW hardware interfaces are designed for interconnectivity with little attention to the analog audio path, or even the conversion, let alone the tone.
The B2 Bomber is designed for great specifications, but more importantly, it is designed to give you the ultimate in recording tone. For years now people have been trying to figure out why their digital recordings don’t have the warmth and feel of analog tape recordings. We try using tube mic pres and great compressors, but there is still something missing. There is still that blurriness, that graininess and lack of depth that comes with digital recordings.
BURL Audio has solved this problem by designing an analog audio path that is complimentary to your mic pre and to the analog to digital process. By using a revolutionary hybrid circuit with a proprietary transformer, the BURL AUDIO BX1, and a discrete class-A, zero feedback, zero capacitor signal path, we have achieved dynamic and tonal balance.
Using a B2 Bomber in the studio is like taking the governor off of your recordings. And, the B2 is not just for tracking. Mix down and mastering were the main focus of the B2′s layout and design. With 30 segment peak amplitude and RMS metering, the B2 lets you know exactly how hot you are running your signal which is critical for mastering. The attenuator settings on the front easily allow you to change input headroom giving you the ability to hit the front end hotter or colder depending on what the material calls for. And don’t be afraid to run the B2 Bomber hot, it only sounds better. Couple that with an extremely low jitter clock source, and you have the B2 Bomber ADC, the most significant piece of gear in your studio.
- 44.1k Hz to 192k Hz, 24 bit, 2 channel ADC
- Proprietary, high definition, BURL Audio BX1 transformer input
- All class A, discrete transistors signal path with zero feedback, zero caps
- Audiophile quality 6 position attenuator with standard headroom settings
- High definition metering with simultaneous RMS and peak indication
- Two AES and one SPDIF output with dual AES wire support
- BNC word clock input with two outputs of extremely low jitter clock
- Frequency response at 48kHz sample rate is 12Hz to 22kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- Frequency response at 96kHz sample rate is 15Hz to 46kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- Frequency response at 192kHz sample rate is 18Hz to 94kHz, +/- 0.1dB
- 120dB Dynamic Range (A- weighted), 117dB (no weighting)
- -100dB THD+N (+4dBU = -15dBFs)
- -94 dB THD+N (+18dBU = -1dBFs)
- Rugged, Made in USA design
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.