Classic reverbs from Eventide’s legendary studio processor used on hit records for four decades. Included are Hi-Density Plate, Room and Stereo Room algorithms featuring an easy-to-use interface. Includes presets by Dave Pensado, Joe Chiccarelli, George Massenburg, Richard Devine, Sasha and more.
Classic Room, Stereo Room and Hi-Density Plate
Reverb Time Machine
The SP2016 was the first programmable effects box available on the market. It introduced the concept of the ‘plug-in’ to the pro audio world back in 1982, with actual hardware chips that would be plugged in under the hood. Revered for its signature reverbs, the SP2016 was notably used by Dave Pensado, George Massenburg, Alan Sides, Roy Hendrickson, Jack Douglas, and Mick Guzauski. The lush reverb can be heard on countless hit records by Talking Heads, Adele, Mariah Carey, Eminem, and more. Now, 36 years later, this signature sound is available for your DAW.
Three distinct reverb types:
- Room: Your basic no-nonsense, no-frills ambient “room.” It’s a mono effect with stereo outputs. The extreme Pre-Delay range makes it possible to use this effect for reverberant doubling and single echoes.
- 2016 Stereo Room: Recreates the ambience of a large concert hall, with very clear, natural reverberation.
- Hi-Density Plate: Plate-type reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a bigger, heavier plate. This reverb allows you to make vocals, guitars and percussive instruments appear much bigger and brighter than they actually are.
- Includes a variety of presets including some by Dave Pensado, Richard Devine, Joe Chiccarelli, Sasha, George Massenburg, The Butcher Bros., Buda & Grandz, Erin Tonkon, and more.
Six Distinct Reverbs
The SP2016 reverbs have attracted a loyal user base by using a particular blend of art and science — the end result is an effect that sounds natural and distinctive. The plug-in includes authentic emulations of Room, Stereo Room, and Hi-Density Plate algorithms, each available in two versions: Vintage and Modern. The Vintage algorithms are true to the original box, all the way down to the bit-depth. The Modern algorithms are brighter, more diffuse, and use a higher bit-depth.
The algorithms naturally emulate every aspect of the sound of a real physical environment — from the complex early reflections, to the natural way in which the echo density increases with time, and to the smooth Gaussian decay of the reverb tail. It’s a powerful simulation that lends itself to parametric control.
Sitting in the Mix
Control the structure of the reverb by fine-tuning the controls – including PreDelay, Decay, Position, and Diffusion. The EQ section allows for simple high and low filtering of the reverb with adjustable filter ranges. The low filter can be used to cut OR boost at the specified frequency.
With the unique Position control, the ability to make a reverb effect that sits perfectly in your mix is as easy as moving one slider. This powerful tool allows you to take your listeners from the back of the room all the way to the stage while retaining all of your other settings.
Reinventing a Classic
Classic gear stands the test of time. The sound of the hardware is the result of a combination of DSP processing and analog audio circuitry. Painstakingly modeling every aspect of these hardware units was neither quick nor easy, but now the must-have sonic beauty of these classic reverbs is available for your use in the box or live.
“I’ve always loved the smooth decay of the Room Reverb program on drums and percussion. The Stereo Room has been a favorite of mine on vocals. The new SP2016 plug-in is very close to the hardware unit in character and in some ways better…The sound is slightly different, as any emulation will always be, but it excels in the same applications that I have always loved the original hardware SP2016 for.”
Madonna, Mariah Carey, Daft Punk, Pharrell
“The Eventide SP2016 was a unique reverb unit. It was the perfect Snare drum or lead vocal reverb…It fits nicely in the track and never overtakes its original sound source.”
The Strokes, Morrissey, Young The Giant, U2
“The classic Eventide SP2016 has always been my go-to reverb. It has the unique ability to make vocals, instruments, and drums sit perfectly in a mix. The new SP2016 plug-in now gives us all access to this incredible reverb, and no one is happier about this than me!”
Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake
AAX 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.