The D2 MKII is a high quality dynamic microphone with a full bodied sound and an excellent transient response. It has a consistent cardioid polar pattern for a low off -axis coloration and a good rejection of unwanted sounds.
The D2 MK II is a high quality dynamic microphone with a fullbodied sound and an excellent transient response. It has a consistent cardioid polar pattern for a low off-axis coloration and a good rejection of unwanted sounds.
The D2 MKII has a flat response with a mild lift in the upper midrange. It will exhibit a bass boost in the 75-300 Hz area at short distances due to the proximity effect which can help make voices and instruments sound fuller.
The three switches allows the user to adjust the frequency response. There are two switches for selecting two different bass rolloff filters and one switch for lowering the response in a broad range centered around 5 kHz.
Equipped with an internal windscreen, an external pop filter will usually not be needed. The 5/8’ thread adator in the stand adaptor matches different stand gauges.
The D2 MK II is a versatile microphone that will perform very well in many applications, in the studio, on stage and in broadcast applications, for speech/vocals and instruments like kick-drum and electric bass.
Using the D2:
The D2 can be used with any standard mixer or preamp. Use either a XLR to XLR or XLR to 1/4” plug low impedance cable. Do not use the D2 with 48V phantom power engaged.
When mounting the D2 MKII to the stand you may need to remove the threaded adapter from the mic holder, depending on the threading of the mic stand.
The D2 MKII should point towards the sound source.
- Be aware of the proximity effect (an increase in bass response) when the mic is close to the sound source). This can be a good or a
bad thing. You can adjust the bass response by changing the distance from the mic to the sound source for an optimum result in different applications.
- You can also use the bass rolloff filters to lower or remove the bass boost:
The switch to the left engages a bass roll off filter that is about 3 dB down at 120 Hz and 5 dB at 50 Hz.
- The switch in the middle engages a bass roll off filter that is about 3 dB down at 210 Hz and 10 dB at 100 Hz.
- The switch to the right engages a filter that lowers a range centered around 5 kHz with a maximum of about 4 dB. This filter is active in about the same frequency range as the presence peak and therefore lowers it when it is engaged.
- Do experiment with mic placement and with the filters!
- High output dynamic cartridge for a big and powerful sound.
- A clear, distinct and full bodied sound with a mild lift in the upper midrange and an increasing bass boost at closer distances.
- Cardioid polar pattern that reduces feedback in live use.
- Three switches for tailoring the sound.
- Rugged metal body
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.