Heritage Audio 73 '73 JR 500 Series Mic Preamp Microphone Pre Studio HA73JR
Heritage Audio '73 Junior Microphone Preamp
'73 JR OVERVIEW
The mic pre you've been dreaming about, at a price you never imagined possible.
The '73 Jr is a chip off the old block, raised on Carnhill transformers and hand wired with care, it delivers the same massive tone as the 1073-500, in single 500 series space.
'73 JR FEATURES
- 80dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
- 50Db Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
- All discrete Class A Ultra High Impedance J-Fet Direct Input on a high quality Neutrik Jack. The DI circuit is ahead of the Mic Input transformer, so the transformer is ON when in DI mode. DI is automatically switched on when inserting a jack.
- Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom output stage.
- PAD: 20dB Mic input attenuation ahead of the input transformer to avoid overloading it.
- HI PASS FILTER: Active all discrete Class A 3rd order Bessel, 80Hz Hi Pass Filter. 18dB/octave slope.
- OUTPUT control to allow overloading of the preamp.
- Internal slow turn-on +24v power supply for lower inrush current, which improves your lunchbox performance.
- Carnhill Input and Output transformers.
- 3 gain stage, genuine modular card construction. All active circuitry is on pluggable cards for easier service.
- Marconi style knobs and vintage style engraved pushbuttons.
'73 JR SPECIFICATIONS
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is Carnhill transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10K Ohms bridging, Carnhill transformer balanced and floating.
- DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, Carnhill transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated).
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBm into 600 ohms.
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Maximum gain: Slightly greater than 80dB
- Noise: Less than -100dBm.
- Power consumption: 88 mA per rail @+-16VDC.