Heritage Audio 73EQJR 500-Series EQ Equalizer Module 73EQ JR Studio Hardware HA73EQJR
The 73EQ JR is a fully featured Line Input module for the 500 Series.
It not only shares the 3-band Equalizer with his big brother, the 1073, but also shares the same transformer coupled line preamp and Class A transformer balanced output stage.
These facts make the 73EQ JR unique on its class, being able to capture a full transformer based, Class A sound without relying on external preamps.
- The Equalizer features the same Baxandall type High and Low shelf found in the 1073, with the addition of a high frequency selector switch. 4 different frequencies are possible instead of the fixed 12Khz one.
- The mid band is the same exact dual inductor 1073 one, thick low and sweet high midrange boosts without being muddy or brittle!
- The line preamp has a range of +6 to -20dB, allowing heavy eq boosts without overloading A/D converters.
Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 seconds to reach full voltage ). This makes your 73EQ JR independent of the rest of the slots and makes your lunchbox´s PSU happier.
- +6 to -20dB Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
- High Frequency: +/- 16dB shelving, selectable at 10, 12, 16 or 20Khz, Baxandall type.
- Low Frequency: +/- 16dB shelving, with selectable frequency of 35, 60, 110 or 220 Hz, Baxandall type.
- Mid Frequency: +/- 18dB peaking, fixed Q, selectable center frequencies of 0.36, 0.7, 1.6, 3.2, 4.8 and 7.2 Khz, dual inductor based.
- EQL button: Turns EQ on.
- Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom output stage.
- Internal Slow Turn-on +24v power supply for lower inrush current, improving lunchbox performance.
- Carnhill Transformers.
- Marconi style knobs.