Iris 2 from iZotope is a sample-based synthesizer that combines the power of a sampler with the flexibility of a modular synthesizer, along with spectral filtering. Load one of the hundreds of patches and easily experiment with the most relevant parameters via dedicated macro controls, or develop expressive, dynamic, and evolving musical sounds with the new modulation system.
Up to four different samples can be layered from the built-in collection of analog oscillator waveforms, the 11GB sample library, or using personal audio files. Unique filters can be created by drawing, selecting, and isolating sonic components from each sample layer using the company's spectral filtering technology. Access every control from a single window, or open only what's needed with a new user interface.
What's New in Version 2
- Flexible new modulation system
- New patches
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms
- Completely redesigned interface
- Enhanced effects and filters
- Hundreds of new patches by world-class sound designers, in categories like leads, keys, bass, rhythmic, and more
- 11GB sample library all provided as 24-bit WAV files for use in any sampler
- Generate sounds from dozens of classic analog oscillator samples or oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) available in all four sample pools
- Import custom audio files to craft one-of-a-kind sounds
- Spectrogram display shows the frequency content of audio and sonic details a traditional waveform display doesn't
- Draw custom filter shapes with the Spectral Filter and isolate specific frequencies to discover new sonic possibilities in the sample library
- Selection tools include a lasso for free-hand drawing of any size or shape, an adjustable brush for more fluid selections, and a magic wand for intelligent selection of harmonic regions
- Over 100 modulatable parameters using up to five LFOs, five envelopes, MIDI expression controllers and macro controls
- Advanced ADSR envelopes allow for experimenting with amplitude through adjustable curves, drag-able nodes, invert mode, and modulation of all four parameters
- Morph and visualize shape changes with real-time animation with LFOs that contain twenty different wavetable types, each with multiple shapes and a modulatable control to move between them
- Attach MIDI expression controls like key tracking, velocity, aftertouch, and the mod wheel, and save assignments with patches
- Create Macro controls to control multiple parameters with a single knob in perfect proportions
Effects and Filters
- Six distortion filters like tube, clipping, and aliasing, taken straight from Trash 2
- Chorus effect inspired by a classic '80s synthesizer chorus with modern flexibility and controls
- Tempo-syncable stereo delay with an analog-modeled overdrive algorithm that crunches and darkens the delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal
- Modeled Plate Reverb tailored specifically for synthesizers, perfect for everything from subtle ambience to cavernous pads
- Add smooth, sweeping sounds with seventeen different filter flavors, including classic analog low- and high-pass filters as well as exotic vocal formant, band pass, and peak filters from Trash 2
- Completely redesigned interface with a choice of an all-in-one view, or hide/undock modules for a more streamlined view
- Macro Controls for easy customization of sounds via the Patch Browser as well as an undockable window that can always remain open
- See the effects of modulation and filters in real time for every modulated parameter
- Visualize spectral content with a spectrum analyzer from the Insight metering suite, included in the master section
- Intelligent zero crossing for seamlessly sample looping
|Supported Plug-In Formats||AAX, AU, RTAS, VST, VST3|
|Visual Impairment Support||No|
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.