Pianoteq Stage is a popular choice for the budget-minded musician. It is based on the award winning physical model, offered in Pianoteq Standard and PRO, praised by many musicians for its close intimacy and responsiveness.
Pianoteq Stage includes the same sounds and playability. All this for an unbeatable price.
Pianoteq Stage can at any time be upgraded to Pianoteq Standard or Pianoteq PRO to gain further sophisticated features, such as to tweak the physical model, to load Scala temperament files or to position virtual microphones around the instrument. With Pianoteq Stage, you are not locked to a certain product but have the option to upgrade whenever needed.
Pianoteq Stage supports all Pianoteq instruments, and if you upgrade to Pianoteq Standard or PRO, the instruments themselves upgrade automatically at no additional cost.
Pianoteq Stage supports all Pianoteq instruments:
- Includes 2 instrument packs
- Free download of our KIViR collection of historical instruments and Bells
- Optional instrument packs are sold separately.
The simpler interface in Pianoteq Stage is adapted for musicians who want the convenience of a selection of beautiful instruments for an immediate playing session. It is not for tweaking settings and parameters.
Pianoteq Stage brings the advantages of the Pianoteq physical model, such as:
- superior playability and expressiveness
- excellent performance on modern laptops
- small system footprint, less than 50 MB in size
- installs and loads in seconds
Pianoteq 8: reaching new boundaries
Pianoteq is an award-winning virtual instrument which you can install on your computer (PC/Mac). It is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux, and will even run on some ARM-based boards such as the Raspberry Pi. It can be used both in standalone mode and as an instrument plug-in in VST, AAX, and AudioUnits hosts.
Pianoteq offers superior playability and reproduces the complex behaviour typical of real acoustic instruments. Moreover, it lets you tweak the sound to your taste with the help of unique parameters. The Pianoteq sounds are authorized by Steinway & Sons, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, Steingraeber, Grotrian, Hohner, among others.
Because there are no samples, the file size is just a tiny fraction of that required by other virtual instruments, making Pianoteq perfect for any laptop. Installation is simple and fast.
Pianoteq features highlight
Physically modelled pianos and other instruments
Real time sound generation
Full dynamics - no velocity switching
Very expressive with superb playability
Sounds and behaves like real acoustic instruments
A large variety of instruments: pianos, electric pianos, harp, classical guitar, and more
Unique tuning, voicing and design adjustments
Morphing and Layering features
Mic position, up to 5 mics
Multi channel, up to 5 channels
Piano factory - easily create your own piano
Many effects + a convolution reverb
Advanced preset and parameter manager
64-bit versions available
Native Linux (x86) version available
Works great on any modern laptop
Fast loading - just 50 MB in size
Features in short
- Pianoteq is a physically modelled virtual instrument
- Optional instruments for purchase: grand pianos, upright piano, electric pianos, classical guitar, harp, vibraphones, clavinet, celesta and glockenspiel, xylophone and marimba, steelpans ...
- Free instruments: KIViR historical instruments collection, bells and carillons
- Unique adjustable physical parameters, such as unison width, octave stretching, hammer hardness, soundboard, string length, sympathetic resonance, duplex scale resonance *
- Morphing and layering instruments *
- Progressive variation of the timbre (uses all the 127 MIDI velocities)
- Control of the dynamics in timbre and volume
- Polyphonic Aftertouch (particularly interesting for the clavichord)
- Realistic sympathetic resonances, including duplex scale
- Microtuning, supports Scala format *
- Adjustable mechanical noises (sampled or modelled)
- Built-in graphic equalizer
- Built-in graphic curve for key velocity, note-off and pedal
- Keyboard calibration assistant
- Ten types of pedals (that can be assigned to the four UI pedals): Sustain, Soft, Harmonic, Sostenuto, Super Sostenuto, Rattle, Buff Stop, Celeste, Pinch Harmonic, Glissando
- Progressive sustain pedal, allowing partial-pedal effects
- Convolution reverberations
- Effects: Tremolo, Wah, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Fuzz, Delay, Amp, Compressor, Mini-eq.
- Mallet bounce (note repetition)
- Instrument condition (mint to worn)
- Variable lid position *
- Five adjustable microphones *
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels *
- No quantization noise (32-bit internal computation)
- Renders high resolution MIDI formats CC#88 and Disklavier XP.
- Installs and loads in seconds
- Extremely small file size (less than 50 MB)
- Excellent for use on modern laptops
- Extended key range (105 keys = 8+2/3 octaves) for the grand pianos Steinway D and K2
- 64-bit host / operating system
- Mac OS X 10.11 or later, Windows 7 or later, Linux (x86 and ARM)
- Audio Units / VST / AAX / NKS compatible
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.