Radial Engineering Twin-Iso Two Channel Balanced Line Isolator with Jensen Transformers DI Direct Box
The Radial Twin-Iso is a balanced two-channel, line-level isolator that has been specifically developed for professional touring systems as a means to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops when interfacing various equipment such as two consoles, remote towers and drive racks.
The Radial Twin-Iso provides the very best signal transfer without distortion caused by saturation or phase shift. All connections are balanced XLR following the AES standard with pin-1 ground and pin-2 hot.
To add versatility, a polarity reverse switch is provided for each channel to ensure absolute phase is maintained throughout the audio signal path.
- Isolated XLR connectors eliminate chassis ground potential and high grade switches ensure long life and reliable performance.
- Military spec PC board with full surface ground plane to reduce susceptibility to RF noise.
- Designed to withstand the rigors of high-use professional environments, the innovative "book-end" design provides a protective zone around the switches and connectors that keep these components safe.
- Stress on circuitboards causes broken and intermittent solder joints, a common cause of failure in commercial rental and other high-use environments. The unit's 14-gauge welded I-beam inner chassis and 14-gauge outer shell greatly reduce the possibility of torque stresses being applied to the PC board.
- A full-bottom no-slip rubber pad works double duty by providing protection from electrical shock and assuring that the unit won't slip and slide around.