New RME Audio ADI-4 DD / 24 Bit, 96 kHz, 8-channel AES/EBU ADAT Converter
RMEs ADI-4 DD is a highly cost-efficient AES to ADAT and ADAT to AES converter. Support for up to 96 kHz and a built-in jitter suppression are just two of several outstanding features.
- 5 x AES/EBU I/O (1 x XLR, 4 x D-sub)
- 2 x ADAT I/O (optical)
- 1 x SPDIF (optical, instead 2nd ADAT I/O)
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
The actual states of incoming and outgoing signals and ongoing operations within the unit are displayed by LEDs in an easily overseeable way. SyncCheck ® , already found in other RME products, not only shows if an input signal is locked, but also if multiple inputs are in synchronicity. Furthermore RMEs SyncAlign ® technology prevents accidental errors of ± 1 sample misalignment between the AES/EBU inputs. The AES output signal can be set to Professsional or Consumer subcode. Channel 1/2 can optionally be received and output optically (TOSLINK).
RME's SteadyClock(TM) technology guarantees an excellent performance in all clock modes. Its highly efficient jitter suppression enables the ADI-4 DD to refresh and clean up any clock signal, and to provide the clock signal as reference clock at the word clock output. Additionally, Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) will maintain the last sample rate detected as valid in case of fault and loss of input signal. The device can be stacked without limit, all devices will be sample synchronous by using word clock. All settings are stored at power-off.
The device basically consists of two converters: four AES-3 inputs to double ADAT outputs, and double ADAT inputs to four AES-3 outputs. The double ADAT ports enable full 8 channel support, from 32 kHz up to 96 kHz (S/MUX). The unit provides one XLR I/O directly. A DB-25 connector allows for a use of industry standard AES-3 I/O breakout cables. Setting an internal connector easily changes the DB-25 connector to meet the pinout of Tascam (Digidesign), Yamaha and Euphonix cables.
- AES/EBU frontend for RME's digital I/O cards (ADAT optical I/O)
- Serves as 8-Channel AES and ADAT I/O for all digital mixing desks with ADAT or AES ports
- Allows to operate up to 4 SPDIF or AES devices
- Converts between AES-3, SPDIF and SPDIF optical
- Removes jitter from AES-3 and ADAT signals
Conversion modes (selection):
- 8-Channel AES to ADAT optical converter (96 kHz)
- 2-Channel AES to 8-Channel ADAT splitter (96 kHz)
- 8-Channel ADAT to AES converter (96 kHz)
- 2-Channel AES to 8-Channel AES splitter (96 kHz)
- 4-Channel AES Double Wire to AES Single Wire converter (96 kHz)
- 4-Channel AES Single Wire to AES Double Wire converter (96 kHz)
All in all the ADI-4 DD shows an unsurpassed flexibility together with a sensational price point. It is a perfect interface solution in all areas, from home user up to broadcast applications.
- Input AES/EBU: 1 x XLR, 4 x via DB-25 connector, electrically isolated, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3 Vpp), SPDIF compatible
- Output AES/EBU: 1 x XLR, 4 x via DB-25 connector, transformer balanced, 5 Vpp
- SPDIF Optical: Second ADAT port can be switched to serve as SPDIF I/O
- Input ADAT® optical 2 x TOSLINK, 24-Bit, Bitclock PLL
- Output ADAT® optical: 2 x TOSLINK, 24-Bit
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal)
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- Sync sources: ADAT optical, AES/EBU, word clock
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample rates: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: AES, word clock: 27 kHz-105 kHz, ADAT 33 kHz - 57 kHz
- Jitter: Internal clock < 1 ns, word clock In < 2 ns, ADAT In < 2 ns
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Jitter suppression: circa 30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Power Supply: Operates with voltages ranging from 7-30V DC oder AC, allowing operation with practically any power source, including batteries
- External high-quality switching power supply included, for worldwide operation at 100-240 Volt
- Dimensions: 215 x 44 x 100 mm
Cables (not included)
- BO25MXLR4M4F3: Digital Breakout Multicore, D-Sub to 4 x XLR-F / 4 x XLR-M, 3 m
- BO25MXLR4M4F6: Digital Breakout Multicore, D-Sub to 4 x XLR-F / 4 x XLR-M, 6 m
- External Power Supply for CardBus (NTCB-EU)
- Line Cord for Power supply (NETZ-CB)
- Car Cable for CardBus (AUTOK)
- Cable for Storage Battery (AKKUK)
Please check with the manufacturer to make sure that this product will work with your particular setup. The manufacturer has the most current information.
Confirmed Shipping: We ship only to confirmed addresses, we will refund any other payments.
We Ship Via USPS, UPS or FedEx - Monday thru Friday.
On many purchases, we offer free shipping to the lower 48 contiguous states. AK, HI, APO, FPO and US Protectorates (PR, VI and American Samoa) addresses will incur additional shipping fees & charges. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
We Ship Via USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail International 1 to 2 Days Per Week. We Do Not Collect or Charge International Customs Taxes/Fees. Please Check With Your Local Government For Rates Prior To Purchasing This Item.
Scitscat Music is committed to deliver the best experience for our customers. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price, an exchange or a store credit within 30 days from the order date. Shipping costs will be deducted from your refund if your order qualified for “Free Shipping”.
- Missing original packaging, manuals, accessories, or any contents that were included
- Original box was written on, damaged, or taped with duck tape
- RMA number was not associated with the return
- Items not in original like new condition
- Electronic Delivery of Software
- Special orders
- Computer Software
- Items that fall into the in mouth and in ear use category, such as mouthpieces, earphones, ear plugs, harmonicas, cannot be returned due to health regulations
ScitScat Music is an Authorized dealer.
All New Items, unless otherwise noted, have Factory Warranty via Manufacturer.
Used items are sold as is.
What is a Demo unit?
A Demo unit is an item that has been previously used for demo purposes or a video shoot. It is in 'like new' condition, including a full manufacturer’s warranty.
What is a B-Stock unit?
A B-Stock unit is an item that has been returned by a customer with little to no signs of wear and tear. It includes a full manufacturer’s warranty and all original accessories.
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just likeyou. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass thesavings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just likeyou! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
12302 SW 117th Court
Miami, FL 33186
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Sales tax only applies to orders that ship to Florida.
Do you offer repairs?
Some items, yes, we can help. Message us.
Can I trade my gear in?
Yes! Please submit a request via messaging
Do you offer promotional or discount codes?
Yes! We offer 10% off coupon on 95% of our items for Returning Customers within 90 days, please message us with your request.
Educational & Academic Products are for Students and Teachers, please attach a picture of your Student/Teacher ID or Equivalent to our eBay message for Purchase. Any questions, please ask. Thank you
Best Offers are offers that are below the price we are asking. If we have free items with Buy It now, then those items are no longer free to best offers. We are unable to lower prices and give free items as well. Thank you for your understanding.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.