New RME Audio ADI-8 DS Mk III / 24 Bit, 192 kHz, 8-channel AES/EBU, ADAT, AD/DA
ADI-8 DS Mk III 24 Bit / 192 kHz Converter & Digital Patch Bay
The ADI-8 DS Mk III is an 8-channel hi-end AD and DA converter in reference quality. In a standard 19" box with 1 unit height the device offers numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck ™, SteadyClock, four hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O, 192 kHz sample rate, and a digital patch mode.
- 8-channel AD converter, full symmetrical design, 119 dBA
- 8-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 120 dBA
- Low latency conversion: less than 12 samples delay
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O per D-sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT I/O, 8 channels @ 96 kHz, 4 channels at 192 kHz
- Word clock input and output
- 2 x 8-channel level metering
- Comprehensive digital patch mode for full interconnectivity
- The ADI-8 DS Mk III is a highly flexible 8-channel AD/DA converter and digital to digital format converter with an unrivalled bunch of features. The device combines excellent analog circuit design with outstanding low latency AD/DA converter chips. Along with SteadyClock™, the DS offers AD and DA conversion of the highest quality, redefining the reference class of analog/digital converters.
- The compact 1U device provides a host of extraordinary features, including 4 hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O up to 192 kHz, and a comprehensive Patch Mode.
- The ADI-8 DS Mk III uses a completely symmetrical signal path, that guarantees an exceptional sound quality, outstanding low distortion and highest Signal to Noise ratio in all level settings. To maintain the full dynamic range within all operating levels the ADI-8 DS Mk III uses discrete gain stages which are switched electronically, so that no additional noise or distortion is introduced into the audio path. Sophisticated AD/DA converters provide samplerates up to 192 kHz with a SNR of 120 dBA. On the digital side, SteadyClockTM, RME’s unique clock technology and jitter suppression, further enhances the list of features, ensuring the best sound quality regardless of the quality of the reference clock signal.
- Of course other typical RME features such as Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck ™, SyncAlign ™ have also been implemented.
- The specially developed internal high performance switching power supply provides operation with voltages ranging from 100 to 240 AC Volts. It is short-circuit proof, has an integrated line filter, is fully regulated against voltage fluctuations, and suppresses mains interference.
- Analog Outputs. The ADI-8 DS Mk III has separated driver stages for the TRS and D-sub outputs. The servo-balanced TRS jacks will work up to +21 dBu. When selecting +24 dBu the balanced D-sub connector outputs will provide the higher output level while TRS stays at +19 dBu.
- 2 ADAT I/Os support up to 8 channels at 96 kHz (S/MUX) and 4 channels at 192 kHz (S/MUX4). A 25-pin AES/EBU interface features 8 channels at 192 kHz. All outputs can be used simultaneously, i.e.: analog (balanced TRS and/or D-sub), ADAT, AES/EBU.
- Analog Inputs. The ADI-8 DS Mk III provides inputs via TRS or D-sub connectors. Both operate servo-balanced and accept levels up to +24 dBu.
- Digital Patch Mode. A digital patchbay with free choice of source and destination setup can be used to convert ADAT to AES, AES to ADAT, cross-convert them at the same time, pass ADAT on to ADAT while monitored analog, and many more. The ADAT outputs also feature copy mode for connection of two different ADAT devices. These powerful and easy to use modes add significant value to the already outstanding conversion quality.
- Input AD: 1/4” TRS jack and 25 pin D-sub, servo balanced, completely symmetrical audio path
- Output AD: 4 x AES/EBU, 2 x ADAT optical
- Input DA: 4 x AES/EBU, 2 x ADAT optical
- Output DA: 1/4” TRS jack servo balanced, up to +21 dBu. 25 pin D-sub, balanced, up to +24 dBu.
- Dynamic Range AD: 119 dBA
- THD AD: < -110 dB (< 0.00032 %)
- THD+N AD: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110 dB
- Dynamic Range DA: 120 dBA unmuted
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- THD+N DA: < -102 dB (< 0.0008 %)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Input level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu
- Output level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu
- Input/Output level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2 , 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word)
- Frequency response AD/DA -0.1 dB: 10 Hz - 23.2 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 43.0 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response AD/DA -1 dB :< 5 Hz - 85.0 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Power supply: Internal switching mode ps, 100 V-240 V AC
Please check with the manufacturer to make sure that this product will work with your particular setup. The manufacturer has the most current information.
Confirmed Shipping: We ship only to confirmed addresses, we will refund any other payments.
We Ship Via USPS, UPS or FedEx - Monday thru Friday.
On many purchases, we offer free shipping to the lower 48 contiguous states. AK, HI, APO, FPO and US Protectorates (PR, VI and American Samoa) addresses will incur additional shipping fees & charges. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
We Ship Via USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail International 1 to 2 Days Per Week. We Do Not Collect or Charge International Customs Taxes/Fees. Please Check With Your Local Government For Rates Prior To Purchasing This Item.
Scitscat Music is committed to deliver the best experience for our customers. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price, an exchange or a store credit within 30 days from the order date. Shipping costs will be deducted from your refund if your order qualified for “Free Shipping”.
- Missing original packaging, manuals, accessories, or any contents that were included
- Original box was written on, damaged, or taped with duck tape
- RMA number was not associated with the return
- Items not in original like new condition
- Electronic Delivery of Software
- Special orders
- Computer Software
- Items that fall into the in mouth and in ear use category, such as mouthpieces, earphones, ear plugs, harmonicas, cannot be returned due to health regulations
ScitScat Music is an Authorized dealer.
All New Items, unless otherwise noted, have Factory Warranty via Manufacturer.
Used items are sold as is.
What is a Demo unit?
A Demo unit is an item that has been previously used for demo purposes or a video shoot. It is in 'like new' condition, including a full manufacturer’s warranty.
What is a B-Stock unit?
A B-Stock unit is an item that has been returned by a customer with little to no signs of wear and tear. It includes a full manufacturer’s warranty and all original accessories.
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just likeyou. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass thesavings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just likeyou! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
12302 SW 117th Court
Miami, FL 33186
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Sales tax only applies to orders that ship to Florida.
Do you offer repairs?
Some items, yes, we can help. Message us.
Can I trade my gear in?
Yes! Please submit a request via messaging
Do you offer promotional or discount codes?
Yes! We offer 10% off coupon on 95% of our items for Returning Customers within 90 days, please message us with your request.
Educational & Academic Products are for Students and Teachers, please attach a picture of your Student/Teacher ID or Equivalent to our eBay message for Purchase. Any questions, please ask. Thank you
Best Offers are offers that are below the price we are asking. If we have free items with Buy It now, then those items are no longer free to best offers. We are unable to lower prices and give free items as well. Thank you for your understanding.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Scitscat Music is an Authorized Dealer for all software products we sell.
- When you purchase software from us, you will be receiving a legal version provided to us by the software manufacturer.
- You will be mailed a copy of the Invoice for the transaction in addition to the digital download.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.