New RME Audio OctaMic XTC / 8-channel,24 bit,192 kHz Mic Preamp with Multiformat
RME proudly presents a new generation of top-class microphone, line and instrument preamp, hi-end A/D converter, digital patchbay and format converter, monitoring device, and last but not least the flexible frontend for Apple's iPad® - the OctaMic XTC!
With the OctaMic XTC eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, meet an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols - from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical.
- Analog signals are converted with RME's newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
- With the help of the full color TFT display, the quickly accessible setup options reveal another truely unique feature: all analog and digital inputs, including up to 64 MADI channels and 8 AES/EBU audio channels, can be freely patched to any output - including the 24 channels of its Class Compliant USB 2.0 audio interface format.
- When attached by MIDI (DIN, MIDI over MADI, or USB) to an RME audio interface running TotalMix FX, the OctaMic XTC can be remote controlled directly within the input channel strips of TotalMix. An example is the combination of the renowned Fireface UFX with an XTC on top, connected via ADAT, adding 8 analog inputs and 4 analog outputs to RME’s flagship interface.
- Full remote control support allows the unit to be as close to the analog signal source as possible while important settings and configurations can be modified, as well as stored and recalled, not only on the unit itself, but also from a larger distance.
With 24 channels I/O in Class Compliant mode the XTC is also the most flexible and advanced interface ever built to work with the iPad (needs Apple Camera Connection Kit, not included).
- 8 x Mic/Line Preamps, digitally controlled
- (4 x PAD, 4 x Hi-Z switchable)
- 2 x Stereo Analog Outputs
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O
- 1 x ADAT I/O (2 x out S/MUX)
- 1 x MADI I/O optical
- 1 x MIDI I/O over DIN
- 2 x MIDI I/O over USB
- 1 x MIDI I/O over MADI
The OctaMic XTC is a full range hi-end preamp and AD/DA-converter in reference quality, fully remote controllable. In a standard 19" box with 1 unit height the device offers numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck, SteadyClock, QuickGain, AutoSet, MIDI over MADI, and remote control via USB, MADI and MIDI. It includes 8-channel 192 kHz / 24-bit AD conversion with eight high class microphone and line/ instrument pre-amplification inputs in excellent RME quality. Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfect linear frequency response allow for unchanged transmission and amplification of the microphone signals.
- OctaMic XTC provides 8 balanced XLR mic/line inputs. 4 balanced line inputs via TRS and 4 unbalanced line/instrument inputs via TS were realized by using Neutrik XLRs/TRS combo jacks. Frontside keys give quick and direct access to the most often used functions, perfectly visualized on an easy to read TFT-display.
- The XTC's 8-channel AD- and 4 channel DA-conversion operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitized signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX), a D-sub 25 connector (4 AES/EBU outputs) and MADI optical. Using Mac OS X or an iPad™, up to 24 I/Os can also be used via USB.
- RME’s outstanding SteadyClock™ ensures perfect AD/DA-conversion, as jitter on the external sync sources is nearly completely removed. The digital inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously to the AD/DA conversion. Sophisticated routing options turn the OctaMic XTC into an AD/DA-converter with multiple digital outputs of different formats, as well as a digital format converter between ADAT, AES and MADI, and also a signal inserter/extractor for serialized MADI setups.
- Equipped with the latest professional AD-converters, the OctaMic XTC excels with super low noise, super low THD, and super low latency conversion (< 0.28 ms).
- QuickGain. Each input channel pair features a direct select button for quick access of the input gains, which can then be set immediately with the encoder knobs 1 and 2.
- AutoSet. Prevents overload by automatically reducing the gain when the input level gets too high. Can be used individually per channel or for groups.
- Groups. Channels can be freely assigned to up to four groups. The gain can be changed individually or for the whole group.
- Clear State. Dedicated LEDs for present signal, overload, phantom power and PAD/instrument mode for every input channel are accompanied by detailed metering on the color display.
- Monitoring. Two high power TRS stereo line/phones outputs provide high volumes with high and low impedance headphones. The source of these analog outputs can be chosen between all signals handled by the XTC.
- High Resolution Color Display. In combination with two rotary encoders operating the XTC is quick and easy. The display shows level meters for all inputs, menus and pages for all settings and functions, input gain values, digital routing, monitoring and much more.
- MIDI remote control is available via 2 standard MIDI DIN jacks, MIDI over MADI and USB.
- Digital synchronization is achieved through all digital inputs and word clock.
Digital I/O. The XTC has all common digital formats on board: AES/EBU, ADAT optical and MADI optical, for inputs and outputs. The USB port allows for firmware updates under Windows and Mac. On Mac OS X and with the iPad USB turns the XTC into a flexible 24-channel audio interface.
Analog Inputs. The XTC has eight high end, digitally controlled microphone preamps. Four of them feature PAD for input levels up to +32 dBu. The other four can be switched to Hi-Z mode to directly connect instruments. All TRS connections are phantom power-free. The outstanding design of the input circuits provides a stunning gain range of 85 dB, making the XTC compatible to whatever source is attached to its inputs.
- SNR AD: 113 dB RMS unweighted, 117 dBA
- THD: < 0.0003 %, < -110 dB
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 94 kHz
- SNR DA: 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 75 kHz
- Supported sample rates: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Sync Sources: AES/EBU, Word Clock, MADI, ADAT, internal
- SteadyClock™ ensures best sound quality even when synched to jittery external clocks.
- 8 balanced XLR microphone/line inputs, 4 TRS line, 4 TRS instrument inputs
- 85 dB gain range: Analog input level from -53 dBu up to +32 dBu
- Hi-end circuit design with relais and lowest noise mic preamp
- Nearly noise-free gain changing
- AutoSet: automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Latest generation super low latency AD-converters
- 2 unbalanced hi-power stereo outputs line/phones
- Unit's current state can be stored on 6 memory slots
- Completely remote controllable
- Word clock input and output
- MIDI I/O via DIN, USB (2x) and MADI
- 4 x AES/EBU out via D-Sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz
- MADI I/O (64 channels @ 48 kHz)
- Phantom power: +48 Volt switchable per channel
- Internal wide range switching power supply 100-240 Volt AC
- Optical cable, Toslink, 0.5 m (1.7 ft)
- Optical cable, Toslink, 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Optical cable, Toslink, 2 m (6.6 ft)
- Digital breakout cable Pro, AES/EBU, D-sub25 to 4x XLR-3 female + 4x XLR-3 male, 1 m / 3 m / 6 m (ALVA Audio)
- Digital D-sub cable, AES/EBU, D-sub25 male to D-Sub25 male, 1 m / 3 m / 6 m (ALVA Audio)
- Optical ADAT Toslink cable 1 m / 2 m / 3 m / 5 m / 10 m (ALVA Audio)
- Word Clock cable, 1 x BNC male to 1 x BNC male, 1 m / 5 m / 10 m (ALVA Audio)
Universal Breakout Box with 2 x 8 XLR to 2 D-sub connectors (supports TASCAM and YAMAHA format), unique flip-frame case
Please check with the manufacturer to make sure that this product will work with your particular setup. The manufacturer has the most current information.
Confirmed Shipping: We ship only to confirmed addresses, we will refund any other payments.
We Ship Via USPS, UPS or FedEx - Monday thru Friday.
On many purchases, we offer free shipping to the lower 48 contiguous states. AK, HI, APO, FPO and US Protectorates (PR, VI and American Samoa) addresses will incur additional shipping fees & charges. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
We Ship Via USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail International 1 to 2 Days Per Week. We Do Not Collect or Charge International Customs Taxes/Fees. Please Check With Your Local Government For Rates Prior To Purchasing This Item.
Scitscat Music is committed to deliver the best experience for our customers. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price, an exchange or a store credit within 30 days from the order date. Shipping costs will be deducted from your refund if your order qualified for “Free Shipping”.
- Missing original packaging, manuals, accessories, or any contents that were included
- Original box was written on, damaged, or taped with duck tape
- RMA number was not associated with the return
- Items not in original like new condition
- Electronic Delivery of Software
- Special orders
- Computer Software
- Items that fall into the in mouth and in ear use category, such as mouthpieces, earphones, ear plugs, harmonicas, cannot be returned due to health regulations
ScitScat Music is an Authorized dealer.
All New Items, unless otherwise noted, have Factory Warranty via Manufacturer.
Used items are sold as is.
What is a Demo unit?
A Demo unit is an item that has been previously used for demo purposes or a video shoot. It is in 'like new' condition, including a full manufacturer’s warranty.
What is a B-Stock unit?
A B-Stock unit is an item that has been returned by a customer with little to no signs of wear and tear. It includes a full manufacturer’s warranty and all original accessories.
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just likeyou. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass thesavings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just likeyou! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
12302 SW 117th Court
Miami, FL 33186
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Sales tax only applies to orders that ship to Florida.
Do you offer repairs?
Some items, yes, we can help. Message us.
Can I trade my gear in?
Yes! Please submit a request via messaging
Do you offer promotional or discount codes?
Yes! We offer 10% off coupon on 95% of our items for Returning Customers within 90 days, please message us with your request.
Educational & Academic Products are for Students and Teachers, please attach a picture of your Student/Teacher ID or Equivalent to our eBay message for Purchase. Any questions, please ask. Thank you
Best Offers are offers that are below the price we are asking. If we have free items with Buy It now, then those items are no longer free to best offers. We are unable to lower prices and give free items as well. Thank you for your understanding.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Scitscat Music is an Authorized Dealer for all software products we sell.
- When you purchase software from us, you will be receiving a legal version provided to us by the software manufacturer.
- You will be mailed a copy of the Invoice for the transaction in addition to the digital download.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.