Dual Diode Bridge Compressor
Rupert Neve Designs 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor
- Classic Diode Bridge Tone
- Capture the punchy, larger-than-life tone used on countless hit records for the last 50 years.
- Advanced Timing Controls
- Custom-shape your compression envelope with the unified timing control, which enables a much wider range of responses than vintage units or clones.
- Custom Transformers and Class-A Line Amplifiers
- Vintage warmth meets the improved headroom and precision of Rupert Neve’s updated transformer-coupled line stages.
- 31-Position Detented Controls
- Accurately recall and match your settings with precision and speed.
- Built-In Parallel Compression
- Internal blend control enables you to subtly dial in more dramatic compression settings for color as desired.
- Full-Wave Sidechain Detection
- Enhanced from the vintage units’ half-wave design, the updated sidechain detector provides substantially more accuracy.
- Stereo Linking
- Run your compressors in either dual mono or stereo configurations.
- Internal Universal Power Supply
- EIC connection for world-wide AC power from 90-240V embedded in the 1U rack-mountable chassis.
Two channels of iconic diode bridge compression, thoughtfully improved and refined for modern tracking, mixing, and mastering.
Originally developed for the dynamics circuit of the acclaimed Shelford Channel, the 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor captures the soul of Rupert Neve’s original 2254 compressor while providing modern updates including advanced timing control, significantly lower noise, fully stepped controls throughout, and internal parallel processing capabilities.
What is diode bridge compression?
Where the VCA compressor found in the Master Buss Processor provides unmatched clarity, the weighty, harmonically rich tonality of diode bridge compression can be essential in pushing key sources like vocals, electric guitars, bass and drums to the forefront of a mix.
By understanding the limitations of vintage units like the legendary 2254, painstaking effort was taken to reproduce the unique tone of these classics while improving the noise floor & accuracy, expanding inflexible time constants, adding full wave sidechain detection for improved dynamic response, and widening the range of threshold and ratio controls.
Delivering the powerful sound of these iconic designs with enhanced flexibility for the modern age, the 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor is a dynamic tool equipped to make a bold statement on virtually any mix or track.
XLR LINE INPUT TO XLR LINE OUTPUT
zSource = 40 Ohm Balanced
MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL
+4 dBu Selected: +26.7 dBu typical
MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL
+26.7 dBu typical
10 Hz - 120 kHz: -104 dBu typical
10 Hz to 120 kHz: +/- 0.25 dB typical
From 22 Hz - 22kHz BW.
@ 1 kHz @ Maximum Level: 0.0008% typical
From 22 Hz - 22kHz BW.
zSource = 40 Ohms Balanced
@ 0 dB Make-up gain: -84.5 dBu typical
@ +20 dB Make-up gain: -64.5 dBu typical
TIMING measurements represent the full range achievable between 1.5:1 and 8:1 ratio and FAST mode.
Attack 250μS - 2mS // Release 100mS - 200mS typical
MF (MEDIUM FAST)
Attack 1mS - 5mS // Release 100mS - 200mS typical
Attack 3mS - 18mS // Release 350mS - 700mS typical
MS (MEDIUM SLOW)
Attack 5mS - 40mS // Release 600mS - 1S typical
Attack 10mS - 80 mS // Release 800mS - 1.5S typical
Attack 5mS - 40mS // Release T1 400-900mS, T2 1-2S typical
19” (48.3 cm) x 9” (22.9 cm) x 1.75” (4.4 cm)
24” (61 cm) x 13” (33 cm) x 4” (10.2 cm)
10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.