UF8 offers intuitive features that are developed from a true understanding of production workflow; Simultaneous control of multiple DAWs, multi-purpose Master Encoder for DAW timeline navigation, track banking and mouse wheel emulation for precision, hands-on control.
Dedicated automation section and dual-purpose Selection Keys permit rapid access to select functions; solo and mute clearing in Pro Tools® and Logic Pro X®. New CHANNEL and PLUG-IN control modes provide enhanced workflows for those using UF8 with Pro Tools® - easily access your sends and plug-ins without slowing down your creativity.
• High-quality 100 mm touch sensitive faders
• High-resolution colour displays
• All metal enclosure, finished with a brushed, anodised top plate
• 8 Endless Rotary Encoders
• Custom Workflows with 43 assignable keys per UF8; 5 banks of 8 User Keys + 3 Quick Keys
• Intelligent Multi-Purpose CHANNEL Encoder
• Mouse Scroll Emulation; control of any plug-in parameter you hover the mouse over with absolute precision
• Hi-Speed USB connectivity
And if you don't love me now...
Chain multiple UF8's together to create your unique mixing system; build your perfect 16-24 channel music creation hub, or connect 4 UF8’s within a single system to create a 32-channel controller ideal for large post production or mixing sessions. (Image shows 3 units / 24 channel system)
The rear panel of UF8 features a USB 'C' type port for easy connection to the host computer ('C' to 'C' and 'C' to 'A' cables included with UF8), two jack sockets offering standard foot-switch connections and a socket for UF8's auto ranging external PSU. The USB 'A' port on UF8 can be used to daisy-chain USB communication between UF8s, or, it can be used to plug in any USB dongles you have.
SSL 360° APP
SSL 360° is the command centre and brains behind UF8. It’s a cross-platform application for Mac and Windows. Installing is quick and easy. Once installed SSL 360° allows you to configure your UF8(s) for your DAW, customise the User Keys and save/load profiles. SSL 360° manages software and firmware updates for you. You can find SSL 360° within the 'Documents & Downloads' tab on this page or the downloads page and select ‘SSL UF8’ from the drop-down list.
SSL Native Plug-in Bundle
Full licences of Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip plug-ins, SSL Native's highly regarded vocal (it's also great for speech / VO work) and percussion production tools are bundled with UF8. Giving you a range of professional quality processors suited to music, audio and post-production tasks.
Open DAW Policy
UF8 integrates with all major DAWs and includes workflow ready templates for Ableton® Live™, Cubase™, Nuendo™, Pro Tools®, Logic Pro X® and Studio One®. Many producers and engineers prefer to split their creative process across multiple DAWs. UF8 is uniquely flexible and promotes SSL's Open DAW Policy - Control 3 different DAWs simultaneously and keep your production and mixdown process agile.
SSL 360° software must be installed on your Mac or Windows computer in order to use SSL UF8. SSL 360° is available for FREE from the 'Documents & Downloads' tab on this page.
SSL 360° software requires the following:
- Mac - 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina), 11 Big Sur (Intel), 11.3 Big Sur (M1) fully compatible
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 (or comparable AMD processor) CPU running at 2.4GHz or higher
- 8GB RAM or more is recommended
- Internet-connection for software updates from SSL 360° application
The following DAWs are officially supported by UF8 and have dedicated profiles in SSL 360°. We only officially test with the most recent versions of each DAW software. In most cases, previous versions will also work fine.
- Pro Tools®
- Logic Pro X®
- Cubase™ / Nuendo™
- Ableton® Live™
- Studio One®
It’s always recommended for you to be working with the latest major version and maintenance release of your DAW supported by your operating system.
Don’t See Your DAW in the list?
Many other DAWs have HUI & MCU controller integration. At the time of writing, we provide dedicated UF8 profiles for the list of DAWs above. For more information on the kind of integration you can expect between UF8 and DAWs not listed above, please see this FAQ page via the button below.
UF8 Physical Specification
17” x 10.5” x 2.4” / 431 x 266 x 62.7 mm (Width x Depth X Height)
Unboxed - 2.9 kg / 6.4 lbs
Boxed - 5.0 kg / 11.02 lbs
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.