Inspired by the original EMT 140 plate reverb, we captured the gorgeous sound and vibe of this studio classic and turned it into a fun and musically inspiring plug-in. And we couldn’t resist pushing the limits of reality, so we added a couple of fun twists that let you take Little Plate to spaces the original hardware only dreamed of.
Simple Control, Infinite Possibilities
Once we recreated the iconic 140 sound, we couldn’t resist going even further.
While the original reverb could only muster a modest five seconds of reverberation time, we pushed that number higher. A lot higher. With Decay Time set to infinity, Little Plate’s reverb tails never fade away.
Cut the Clutter
Keep your reverb and your mixes clean with the built-in Low Cut filter.
Sometimes the low frequency build-up in reverbs can get a little out of control. Use the Low Cut control to tame those boomy bass frequencies.
Flip the Mod switch to introduce slight modulation into the reverb tail.
These subtle and chaotic variations can result in a thicker and smoother sound, especially at long decay times on pitched instruments like keys, guitar, and voice.
At Soundtoys, we’ve got a reputation for obsessing over legendary hardware. But when we decided to build our first reverb plug-in, we went farther than ever before. We collected five EMT 140s from around the country and gathered them in our lab.
We tuned them up. We teched them out. We went to the chiropractor (that’s one and a half tons of plate reverb). Then we took our time listening and testing, zeroing in on a sound that we think captures the classic EMT 140 vibe. Warm, rich, spacious and slightly dark, Little Plate packs the essence of plate reverb into one little plug-in that won’t break your back.
A Little Plate History
The EMT 140 uses a magnetic transducer to vibrate a massive sheet of metal, sending the result back to the engineer via a pickup that captures the resulting reverberation.
The EMT 140 was introduced in 1957 and was capable of dense and smooth reverberation unlike anything the world had heard. While it doesn’t exactly sound like a real room, it has a beauty of its own, which is why plate reverb is still such a sought-after sound even many decades later. 140s are getting hard to find though, and replacement parts even harder. Not to mention their sheer size and weight keep them out of reach of the average studio.
- Add the sound of vintage plate reverb to your tracks
- Push beyond the limits of the hardware with extended reverb decay time
- Create infinite reverb effects that never decay
- Optional modulation for natural-sounding variation in the reverb tail
- Low Cut filter to tame low frequency build-up
- 25 distinct presets to quickly dial in a sound
- Current Version: 5.3.2
- Plug-in Formats (64-bit only):
- AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST, and Audio Units (AU)
- Supported Sample Rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- System Requirements:
- Operating systems: Mac OS X 10.10 or later; Windows 7 or later.
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Supported Hosts:
- Pro Tools (11 or later), Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer
- Click here to view our full list of compatible host applications.
- iLok account (An iLok USB dongle is not required. Create a free account here)
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.