‘80S JAPANESE MAIDEN REVIVED
- Inspired by a rare Japanese 8-voice analog synth
- Over 250 patches of vintage analog warmth with modern controls
- Production-ready presets make great starting points for your own creations
UVX80 is based on a well known Japanese manufacturer’s first analog polyphonic synth, a digitally-controlled 2+1 oscillator, 8-voice, 61-key instrument launched in 1984 with a gorgeous and futuristic-looking visual stance. Technically comparable to the JX-3P, this synth boasted a more robust architecture with 2 extra voices, a sub-oscillator and real pulse-width modulation.
Despite its technical advantages and profound sonic capability it would find a similar fate, never managing great commercial success but attracting a cult following that’s present even today. While not as difficult to edit as the 3P, this synth shared the lack of explicit controls found on the wildly popular but more basic Juno-106 that launched the same year. A truly progressive design for the time, you’d never know it was analog by looking at it, but there’s no mistaking the warm and punchy sound this keyboard produces - it’s a legitimate analog beast, and somewhat of a sleeper gem from the era.
Due to the limited production of the original machines very few are left today, with even fewer in working condition. Our UVI Japan office was able to secure a pristine model, making sure it was calibrated to factory specs before passing to our sound design team. Once here in Paris, we pushed it to its limits, designing tones from classic to modern and letting the unique character of this synth shine.
Recordings we made using the highest-quality processors and converters available, resulting in a fantastically rich and vivid library to serve as the basis for UVX80. Once loaded into the UVI Engine our sound designers further polished these patches creating the hybrid instrument we proudly present to you today. Now you can explore the distinct and powerful analog sound of this vintage ‘80s synth with all the conveniences and flexibility of a modern studio instrument.
UVX80 delivers on the original synth and adds a modern refinement, expertly presenting its distinct timbres and ample sound design capabilities from warm basses, shredding leads, atmospheric textures and other-worldly sound effects to crisp bells and charactered strings. Easily browse the preset sounds by type, layer them to create rich evolving textures, or dive in and edit them to create your own sounds.
Inspired by the original hardware, UVX80’s UI reflects an ‘80s futurism aesthetic while providing a clear and easy-to-program instrument with familiar controls. A 2-layer architecture provides 28 sounds for oscillator 1 ,and 111 sounds on oscillator 2, each with it’s own multimode filter, ADSR envelopes, pitch, portamento, stereo section, arpeggiator and modwheel assignments. A versatile LFO and 16-step modulator provide quick control over the amplitude and filter and a final effect section tops it off with high-quality drive, chorus, phaser, delay and reverb.
UVX80 delivers a versatile and electrifying ‘80s analog sound, exploring the fascinating and profound beginnings of a Japanese powerhouse brand.
Akai, AX80, Roland, JX-3P and Juno-106 are trademarks of their respective owners. UVI is not affiliated or endorsed by any entities listed here.
SPECS - What you get
- Size: 2.04GB (FLAC lossless encoding, was 3,95GB in WAV)
- Content: 6,771 Samples, 252 Presets
- Sample resolution: 44.1 kHz. Recording at 88.2 kHz
- License: 3 activations per license on any combination of computer hard drive or iLok dongle
- Runs in UVI Workstation version 2.6.11+, and Falcon version 1.3.1+
- iLok account (free, dongle not required)
- Internet connection for the license activation
Supported Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 or higher (32 or 64-bit)
- Supported Operating Systems:
- 3GB of disk space
- Hard Drive: 7,200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB+ highly recommended for large UVI Soundbanks)
Supported Formats: Audio Units, AAX, VST, Stand-alone
Tested and Certified in: Digital Performer 8+, Pro Tools 11+, Logic 9+, Cubase 7+, Nuendo 6+, Ableton Live 8+, Studio One 2+, Garage Band 6, Maschine 1 & 2, Tracktion 4+, Vienna Ensemble 5, Reaper 4+, Sonar X3, Main Stage 3, MuLab 5.5+, FL Studio, Bitwig 1+, Reason 9+
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.