After a few years of using Wampler pedals (Ego, Underdog and Faux Analog Echo) Brad’s tech mentioned to Brian that Brad wasn’t 100% content with his tone and maybe Wampler should work together with Brad to make the perfect overdrive to record and tour with.
Paisley’s requirements were quite “simple”. It needs to be clean but get crunchy with some “beef” to it. It needs to have a fluid tone when soloing. It needs to add a little hair to the tone but then but then has to be able to give flat out ball busting gain, oh… but please do not wreck the tonality. It needs to have everything, in a pedal format, but do not make it sound like a pedal.
Over a period of months, Brian made some circuits and sent them off, there were a couple of “tweaks” here and there to be made and then finally, when official “prototype #2.0” landed, it went straight into the live rack and out on the 2010 “Brad Paisley: H20” world tour.
The truly great thing about this pedal is that it’s not only Telecaster style guitars that it works so well with, it brings the best out of your Strat or anything loaded with humbuckers. You no longer need to have individual pedals for your guitars; the Paisley Drive will make each one sing.
The built in tonal controls, the presence and mid contour switches (giving three completely different EQ styles – warm mids, neutral, and a more mid scooped character, will make this pedal one of the most versatile and complete overdrive pedal you have ever owned.
“…we actually recorded this (pedal) in the studio, you know, trying it out. I turned up a Trainwreck Amp that I’ve got and compared the sound of the distortion and it was very, very similar. And that’s a very good test because any time a pedal can mimic a great overdriven amp then you’re on to something…”
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Two switches – Presence and Mid Contour.
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9 V power jack
- Power draw: between 9mA (9 V) and 17mA (18 V)
- Exact same pedal used by Brad Paisley live and in the studio
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 4.5 x 1.5 in. size (63.5 mm x 114.3 mm x 38.1 mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.