Our goal was to make a compressor of this pedigree affordable for the first time, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of compressor so desirable.
All Buttons In
The WA76 can reproduce the classic effect known as ‘All Buttons In’ mode, sometimes also referred to as ‘British Mode’ or the ‘Four Button Trick’. Originally an accident due to the mechanical nature of the interconnected latching switches, this mode is reproduced by pushing in all four ratio buttons simultaneously and getting them to latch. This can take a bit of practice. The resulting compression curve is aggressive and unmistakably unique, and can be heard on the drum tracks of many classic recordings.
All-buttons-in compression is typically characterized by having a very aggressive compression ratio, attack and release curves that are more drastic plateaus opposed to gentler slopes, and more audible distortion or ‘overdrive’ on the signal. Initial transients are more likely to come through loudly, followed by heavy compression curve sometimes described as having a ‘sucking’ effect as the compressor releases. Because this mode is considered a design accident, faithfully maintained; it is normal for the meter function to ‘peg out’ and cease providing accurate metering.
We have faithfully reproduced the circuitry of the revision D, generally considered one of the best and most popular among the different versions made over the years. We’ve used all discrete, through-hole components, high quality CineMag input and output transformers, and a class A circuit that stays true to the legacy design.
- UTILIZES PREMIUM GRADE INPUT AND OUTPUT CINEMAG USA TRANSFORMERS.
- TRUE TO THE CLASSIC '76 COMPRESSOR IN DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE.
- COMPLETELY DISCRETE SIGNAL PATH.
- MODELED AFTER THE D REVISION.
- SUPPORTS THE FAMOUS "ALL BUTTONS IN" RATIO SETTING.
- ULTRA FAST ATTACK TIME.
- CLASS A LINE LEVEL OUTPUT AMPLIFIER.
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 600 OHMS, BRIDGES-T CONTROL (FLOATING).
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE ± 1 DB 20 HZ TO 20KHZ.
- XLR AND TRS INPUTS. XLR AND TRS OUTPUTS.
- 50DB OF GAIN.
- LESS THAN 0.4% TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION FROM 50 HZ TO 20 KHZ WITH LIMITING.
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO IS GREATER THAN 74 DB AT +25 DBM.
- EIN -104.1 DBM.
- ATTACK TIME, 20 MICROSECONDS TO 800 MICROSECONDS.
- RELEASE TIME, 50 MILLISECONDS TO 1 SECOND.
- METER PROVIDES DB GAIN REDUCTION AND DB OUTPUT.
- SWITCHABLE 115/230 VOLT IEC POWER INLET.
- 19″ RACKMOUNT CHASSIS, 2U.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.