Ocean Way Audio HR3.5 Twin 12" Tri-Amped Reference Studio Monitor (Single)
The Ocean Way Audio HR3.5 is based on the highly acclaimed HR4S studio monitor. This stand-alone or soffit-mounted monitor speaker delivers a frequency response of 20 Hz to 22 kHz with a solid SPL of 120 db. The HR3.5 Reference Monitor incorporates an integrated 2-way dual-horn system with a l” HF and 8″ MF drivers, mechanically time-aligned with twin 12″ sub-bass drivers per channel. State-of-the-art A-4100 amplifiers provided by OWA power this speaker with both analog and digital inputs, 96 kHz and 24-bit sampling, tri-amped delivering 3,400 watts per channel of pure power. At the heart of the acoustic design is OWA’s geometrically-complex, stone-casted dual/hybrid waveguide system.
The system delivers accurately-matched and detailed imaging with our signature unusually wide 100×40 degree horizontal and vertical dispersion, yielding a massive sweet-spot across a broad area of the listening environment. The consistency of its stereo image, even at the far corners of the room, is due to the highly-consistent directivity response of this unique speaker system.
The dimensions are 43″H x 17.5 W x 25.5″ D. Amplification is conveniently rack-mounted, allowing either soffit or free-standing installations. Ocean Way carefully select and match each set of components, getting them as close as possible to achieve their high-performance standards.
Ocean Way's process could easily be compared to building a fine musical instrument.
- Tri-amped proprietary integrated dual/hybrid waveguide system
- 1” HF driver, 8” LF mechanically time-aligned with twin 12” sub-bass drivers per channel
- Ultra-wide sweet spot, rich detailed controlled 100 H/40 V degree dispersion, 20 Hz to 22 kHz
- 3400 watts/channel of pure power, Digital & Analog inputs, accepting 24-bit/192 kHz data streams
- Capable of delivering 120db SPL with incredibly solid bass and center imaging performance
- Can be set up free-standing or soffit-mounted with supplied remote amplifiers