The Quantum 2 from PreSonus is a low-latency audio interface that provides up to 22 inputs and 24 outputs of combined analog and digital connections. The unit’s converters allow for low-latency recording as well as dynamic ranges of 120 dB on both AD (analog to digital) and DA (digital to analog) conversions. Furthermore, the Quantum 2 captures audio at 24-bit resolution, achieving sample rates up to 192 kHz.
For analog I/O, the Quantum 2 provides a complement of four inputs and four outputs. Microphone inputs are PreSonus’s recallable XMAX preamps and include two combination 1/4" / XLR jacks for instruments, mic-level, or line-level signals, as well as two combination XLR/TRS jacks for balanced audio in (mic and line-level).The output section includes four 1/4" TRS outputs and a headphone jack with a dedicated volume control.
The digital I/O includes two banks of optical ADAT I/O as well as S/PDIF connections, bringing the grand total of ins and outs to 22x24. You’ll find that the unit sports BNC wordclock connections, facilitating wordclock sync with other pieces of gear in your studio such as a master clock. 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O lets you connect your MIDI controller and send MIDI signals. Six eight-segment LED meters are provided. Thunderbolt 2 ports offer connections to your host computer, and with two of them on hand, you can daisy-chain other compatible devices to and through the Quantum 2. Included with the Quantum 2 is a version of PreSonus’s DAW, Studio One Artist.
Key Features at a Glance
- 22x24 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt
- Assignable output-level control
- 6 x 8-segment LED meters (4 input, 2 output)
- Simultaneous I/O up to 22 inputs / 24 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 x front-panel combo microphone/instrument inputs
- 2 x rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
- 4 x XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switchable 48V phantom power
- 4 x balanced 1/4” TRS line-level outputs
- Line outputs DC coupled for sending control voltages to analog gear
- ADAT optical / dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 1 high-volume headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Thunderbolt 2 high-speed bus
- 24-bit resolution / up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- AD/DA converters with 120 dB dynamic range
- BNC word-clock input and output with low-jitter
- MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 12 VDC external power supply
- Tight integration with included Studio One Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production and studio command features
- Wireless control over preamp levels from free UC Surface touch-control software (Mac/Windows/iPad/Android) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
- Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
- Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.