The Quantum from PreSonus is a low-latency audio interface which, via analog, ADAT, and S/PDIF connections, gives you up to 26 inputs and up to 32 outputs. The unit’s converters allow for low-latency recording, as well as dynamic ranges greater than 120 dB on both the ADC (analog to digital) and DAC (digital to analog) side. Furthermore, the Quantum captures audio at 24-bit resolutions, achieving sample rates up to 192 kHz.
For analog I/O, the Quantum provides a sizeable complement of eight inputs and 10 outputs, including two combination 1/4" / XLR jacks for instruments, mic-level, and line-level signals, as well as six combination XLR/TRS jacks for balanced audio (mic and line); your output section, on the other hand, offers eight 1/4" TRS terminations, two balanced 1/4” monitor connection points, and two headphone jacks with dedicated volume controls. The inputs provided are PreSonus’s recallable XMAX pres. Every analog output is DC-coupled, and the line outputs can also deliver control voltages for analog gear.
Onto the digital I/O, wherein you’ll find two banks of optical ADAT I/O, as well as S/PDIF connections, bringing the grand total of ins and outs to 26x32. You’ll find that the unit sports BNC wordclock connections, thus facilitating wordclock sync with other pieces of gear in your studio, such as a master clock. 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O lets you connect your control or provide MIDI signal to apposite units. 10 eight-segment LED meters are provided, as are mute, dim, and mono functions—quite useful during mixing. A talkback system and internal talkback mic will allow you to communicate with artists over their headphones while they record. Thunderbolt 2 ports offer connections to your host computer, and with two of them on hand, you can chain multiple units (up to four, if you so choose). Included with the Quantum is a version of PreSonus’s very own DAW, Studio One Artist.
Key Features at a Glance
- 26x32 Thunderbolt 2 low-latency audio interface
- 24-bit resolution
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- 120 dB dynamic range
- 2 x combo mic/instrument/line inputs with recallable XMAX preamps
- 6 x combo mic/line inputs with recallable XMAX preamps
- +48V phantom power (global)
- 10 x 8-segment LED meters (8 input, 2 output)
- 2 main 1/4" TRS outputs for monitoring
- 8 1/4" TRS line outputs for insert sends
- 2 1/4” TRS headphone outputs with dedicated volume knobs
- Dual ADAT Optical I/O banks
- S/PDIF, MIDI, and BNC wordclock I/O
- Assignable output level control
- Mute/Dim, Mono, and Talkback switches with internal Talkback microphone
- Stackable Thunderbolt ports for combining up to four Quantum units
- Studio One Artist Included
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.