Many manufacturers, including past Purple Audio prototypes, use linear power supplies for their racks. Traditional wisdom holds that linear power supplies are ideal for audio and generate less noise and interference. In many cases, especially with poorly designed "off the shelf" switching power supplies, this is true. However, in the case of a 10 slot series 500 rack, even a well designed linear power supply generates a substantial magnetic hum field and far too much heat to allow for internal mounting. This problem is caused in part by the wide variation of line voltage across the world. External power supplies are cumbersome and inconvenient and consideration still has to be taken as to their placement in relation to other equipment.
With the advancement of switching power supplies it is now possible to have a switcher that does not compromise audio performance and delivers or exceeds all specified current needs. Purple Audio has spent years perfecting just such a power supply. They have comparatively tested all of theirs, and many of their competitors, modules at full bandwidth (10 Hz - 500 kHz) on lab quality over built bench supplies to make sure that the Sweet Ten is not compromising audio performance in any way. Simply put, your 500 series modules will perform at their highest level in a Purple Audio Sweet Ten Rack. Audio performance improvements are considerable.
NOW NEW AND IMPROVED SINCE JULY 2017!
- Added a new power supply with increased current of 2.4 amps instead of 1.5 amps
- Improved fault protection, can take a dead short and protect itself
- Improved ripple/noise and radiation
- Improved tracking between rails
- Fully backwards compatible, all old supplies that have service done will be upgraded to new supply
- 10 slot 500 module rack
- Internal 150 K switching supply
- +48 VDC 150 mA
- Second Balanced Output Utilizing Edge Connector 3 & 6
- Second Balanced Input Utilizing Edge Connector 7 & 9
- Front Handles
- Locking Female XLR connectors
- Ninth slot capable of accepting the Purple Audio Moiyn (8x2) Mixer Module (specs to come)
- No PSU noise in adjacent slots
- Rear Ground connector
- Capable of putting out the 500 module current spec 1.3 A from 90 VAC to 240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- CE, ROHS, & WEEE Marked
The Sweet Ten top, side, and back panels are finished in trivalent yellow chromate cold rolled steel instead of painted steel for improved grounding and shielding. Purple Audio's ground plane motherboards provide additional grounding. Additionally, the rack motherboard has .1uf high frequency bypass capacitors at each slot to improve filtering, especially for modules with DC/DC converters. Functionally, the Sweet Ten offers 2 inputs and 2 outputs per slot. Many of the Purple modules already take advantage of second output and the Moiyn mixer module will use the second input to allow for stereo balanced source injection. Future uses of these connectors include fader loops on future modules as well as a few surprises!
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.