The Cherry Picker Mic-Line Switcher from Radial Engineering is a straight wire passive switcher that enables you to compare several preamps using the same microphone. Because the switching is done quickly, it significantly improves workflow. This lets you optimize the signal path by combining one mic with the most appropriate preamp for a vocal track or instrument.
Configured as a 1-in, 4-out device, the Cherry Picker employs a series of gold contact sealed relays to ensure straight-wire connectivity. This ensures that the signal will pass through the Cherry Picker without introducing distortion, coloration, or artefact of any kind. To eliminate switching noise, this device generates 48V phantom power internally. You simply have to plug in any type of microphone, select one or more preamps, and audition. It will automatically turn off the other outputs.
- Passive straight wire color-free signal path for transparent sound with active 1x4 routing via gold sealed relays
- Radio style selector switches with LED to select active output
- Internally generated 48V phantom power for condenser mics and active DI's; switch is recessed to prevent accidental turn-on
- Balanced XLR input for easy microphone, direct box, or line source connection
- Four balanced XLR outputs to connect to preamps or other audio destinations
- Ground lift for each output helps reduce hum & buzz caused by ground loops
- Allows comparing of preamps for optimal signal path
- Enables switching between balanced line level devices
- Creates a more comfortable sound for the artist
- Helps in improving workflow in the studio
- Gets the vocalist involved in the recording
- Delivers a better all-round performance
- Compact design, fits anywhere
- Can be used to switch all types of audio signals
- Power & cable clamp for the included 15VDC power supply
- Clamp prevents disconnection
- Book-end design creates a protected zone to prevent damage to the front panel controls
- 14 gauge steel construction protects the PCB from stress and shields against EMI and RF noise
- Made in Canada
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.