The LX8 Line Level Signal Splitter & Isolator from Radial Engineering is an 8-channel passive line-level isolator, designed specifically to manage balanced signals in professional audio systems. Applications include splitting a source between 2 destinations or simply isolating devices to eliminate the hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
The single rack space design begins with 100% passive circuit which means it does not require any powering whatsoever to make it work. In this unit, each of the 8 channels is equipped with a premium Eclipse ET-LD4 transformer that is able to handle transients in excess of +26dB at all frequencies right down to 20Hz without audible distortion. This results in an accurate signal transfer with minimal phase shift or artifact. In the studio, the Eclipse transformer delivers added warmth and a natural vintage-sounding compression. When used in larger systems, you benefit from significantly lower noise.
Input connections include a series of front-panel XLRs for easy integration into live racks or a rear-mounted 25-pin D-sub. Output connections include a hardwire throughput, a transformer isolated output, and an auxiliary output, the latter 2 being equipped with ground lift switches to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. All rear panel connections are presented with a choice of standard 25-pin D-Sub wired to the Tascam-ProTools standard or with screw-down Phoenix connectors for easy field termination for permanent installations.
All of the 8 incoming signals are routed to the direct output, the transformer isolated output, and an auxiliary out, enabling multiple signal paths to be put into practice without the usual noise that is associated. With all these features, it is suitable for use with most demanding multi-channel audio system.
- 8-channel balanced line level-signal splitter & isolator
- Handles +26 dB signals without distortion or artifact
- Over 100 dB of common mode noise rejection
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Welded 14-guage steel heavy-duty construction for durability
- Based enamel finish for longevity
- XLR line input (600Ω, balanced) wired in parallel with the rear panel D-Sub
- ID labels for wax pencil make setup easy
- ISO ground lift disconnects the ground on the isolated D-Sub output to help eliminate ground loops
- Aux ground lift disconnects the ground on the auxiliary D-Sub output to help eliminate ground loops
- Isolated output set offers choice of 25-pin D-Sub connector for 8-channel cable harness or Phoenix Euroblock connection for permanent installation
- Auxiliary direct output with front panel ground lift switch allows hard-wire passive split for monitors, broadcasts, or PA
- Direct output is coupled with the input for direct feed through
- Rear panel includes pin-out diagram for the Tascam standard 25-pin D-Sub connector
- Balanced input with choice of 25-pin D-Sub, Phoenix Euroblock, or front panel XLR connections
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.