The MC3 from Radial Engineering is a studio monitor controller that enables an engineer to quickly select between reference monitors, sub woofer or headphones and compare how the mix translates via various playback systems. The unit is 100% passive and delivers "straight wire" performance, eliminating any coloration and distortion that can be introduced via active electronics.
Several features make the unit stand out. The first is a switch that quickly sums the output to mono to check for AM radio compatibility. Secondly, the sub output can be switched to a 180° polarity reversal in the event help is needed to deal with room nodes in the mix position. Additionally, each output is equipped with a top-mount "set and forget" dial to fine tune outputs for the ideal balance.
Two 1/4" headphone outputs with a volume control allow for sharing mix monitoring. To facilitate the trend towards portable device listening, a separate 1/8" headphone output takes ear buds for checking mix levels. A separate Dim switch is also adjustable to enable the engineer to temporarily drop the playback level without affecting the mix level settings. The unit may be configured for either balanced or unbalanced setups.
- Passive studio monitor switcher with headphone amplifier
- Control two sets of monitors and a sub woofer
- Straight wire resistive audio circuit ensures distortion-free signal transfer
- 1/4" TRS input and output connectors
- Mono sum for AM radio compatibility and phase check
- Individual "Set and Forget" controls to fine tune levels on the top panel
- Dual output headphone jacks allow for sharing a mix with the producer
- 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo mini headphone output for use with ear-buds
- Dim switch reduces the playback level in the studio without affecting the monitor playback settings
- Sub switch allows for activating the sub woofer separately
- 180° reverse switch used to reverse the polarity of the sub woofer to counter the effect of room nodes
- Balanced or unbalanced operation
- Double sided military grade circuit board with full ground plane to reduce radio frequency interference
- Extra durable switches with metal outer casing are rated at over 20,000 cycles for added durability
- I-BEAM reinforced enclosure makes it impossible to torque the PC board and eliminates cold solder joints
- Bookend design creates a protective zone around the switches and potentiometers to keep them out of harm's way
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.