The SGI-44 Studio Guitar Interface from Radial Engineering is a studio-quality bi-directional effects router that is designed to take the output from a wireless receiver and run the guitar signal to the pedalboard and back. Two SGI-44s are used with one positioned at the wireless end, and the other at the pedalboard. Connection is made using standard XLR cables.
The first unit converts the unbalanced high-impedance guitar signal to a balanced low-impedance signal and the second reverses the process, thus allowing distances of more than 300’ (100m) without noise. For ensuring optimal signal quality, the SGI-44 employs 100% hand-inserted discrete parts with Jensen isolation transformers to make up the class-A circuit. Although less efficient than the chip-based AB circuits, single-ended class-A circuits are preferred by audiophiles due to the lack of zero-cross distortion. This unit delivers transparency and realism. To further improve the feel, it is equipped with Drag Control load correction. This allows you to dial in an optimal load as if connected to a tube guitar amp using a standard guitar cable. For added versatility, this unit comes equipped with a buffered tuner out for quick between song adjustments or can be used to split the guitar signal to a second signal chain if need be.
Made in Canada using 14-gauge steel, this unit is tough. An innovative I-beam internal frame protects the sensitive circuit board from outside stress, which could torque the solder points and cause premature failure. Radial's innovative book-end construction creates recessed zones at each end that protect connectors, switches, and controls from harm.
This unit makes it easy to route guitar signals around a stage, in the studio, or in a large venue while delivering impressive signal quality.
- Bi-directional long-distance 'send and receive' effects router
- Drive guitar & bass signals beyond 300' (100m)
- Separately buffered 1/4" high-impedance tuner output
- Drag control lets you adjust the load on passive pickups for a more realistic tone
- 100% discrete class-A circuitry for optimal signal transfer and low distortion
- Works with the Radial JX44 Air Control guitar and amp selector
- Durable switches with metal outer casing that are rated to 20,000 cycles for added durability
- Jensen high-performance transformer for improved signal handling and greater immunity to noise
- Double-sided mil-spec circuit board for greater durability and full ground plane to reduce radio frequency interference
- Glass-filled nylon XLR connector with extra-large nickel-silver pin contacts
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around the connectors and switches for added durability
- Cable clamp prevents accidental power disconnection
- No-slip pad provides electrical and mechanical isolation, and keeps the unit from sliding around
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.