The Headload Prodigy from Radial Engineering is a combination DI / load box designed for electric guitars. Using this device allows you to drive your amplifier's power-amp circuit at higher output levels while producing a lower volume on the stage, resulting in all the fat tonal characteristics you want at significantly lower volumes. You can achieve this by inserting the load box as an attenuator between your amplifier head and your cabinet, utilizing the 50% speaker output to achieve a 50% reduction of volume—with no compromise on preamp/power-amp tone.
But that's not all: The Headload Prodigy also functions as a DI box, complete with a JDX balanced XLR output which simulates the tone of a 4x12" cabinet. Using this option, you can record your amp's tone without a microphone, or send your amp through the house's PA and save yourself from having to schlep your speaker cabinet to the gig. You can also take an uneffected DI sound through the unbalanced pre-EQ 1/4" output.
Auxiliary Unbalanced Outputs
Headphone Out with Level Control
Three Separate Uses
- 100% pass-through allows you to send your amp's sound through a Radial JDX balanced DI output without affecting your stage cabinet's tone
- 50% attenuation allows you to reduce your volume without sacrificing tone (excellent for small venues)
- Simple DI output allows you to route amp/cab tone straight to a mixer, PA, or interface without a microphone
Polarity Reverse & Ground Lift
- Reverse the phase of your amp to compensate for phase anomalies on stage
- Ground lift switch helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops