The Radial Engineering X-Amp 500 Reamper Module is part of the 500 Series and lets you take a pre-recorded guitar track and send it back to amplifiers and effects so that you can tailor the sound to suit. Reamping allows the guitarist to only concentrate on the performance while recording. Working out specific sounds and optimal microphone placement can be done later. This eliminates hours of tiresome repetition, while allowing the producer to adjust the character of the track as the production evolves.
The X-Amp is easy to use with its plug-n-play feature. The design begins with an XLR balanced line level input located on the 500 series rear panel that feeds the X-Amp. To ensure high fidelity, a 100% discrete class-A circuitry is employed. The X-Amp unbalances and buffers the pre-recorded signal where it then feeds two transformer-isolated hi-Z guitar level outputs. The ¼" jacks are front-mounted for desk-top convenience and equipped with ground lifts to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Independent level controls enable you to adjust the drive going to each amp for optimal tone. In case one of the amps are out of phase, then depressing the 180º quickly brings both in line.
Separate output controls make it easy to set the guitar amplifiers to a suitable level from the control room. A 180° polarity reverse assures that both the amplifiers will play in phase. In use, the X-Amp enables the user to take a pre-recorded track and send it simultaneously to two amplifiers. This makes it easy to optimize the track to best suit the recording. The guitar cables can be extended to 50’ (15m) without noise. Reamping is often used on guitars, bass, and keyboards to create effects, thicken the tone, or simply replace poorly recorded tracks.
- Designed for 500 series racks
- 100% discrete class-A electronics for clear tone
- Transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz
- Easy access front panel jacks & controls
- Dual outputs to drive two amps
- Individual level controls for each output
- Delivers performance with real amp toneLets you adjust microphone placement for clear tone
- Recording a Dry Track with the X-Amp
- Plug your guitar into some pedals and send the signal to the JDX to take advantage of the advanced multistage filter. No amplifiers or microphones are required to set up.
- Reamping with the X-Amp
- Send the pre-recorded clean (dry) track to the X-Amp using the XLR input on your 500 series rack. Feed the signal from Out-1 and Out-2 to your guitar amplifiers mic them and record.
- Using the X-Amp as a Distro
- Connect your guitar to the Omniport on the Workhorse. The guitar signal can then be sent to two amplifiers using out-1 and out-2 up to 15m (50') away. The volume can be adjusted to suit.
- Re-amp pre-recorded tracks for better tone
- Layer re-amplified tracks to fatten up the sound
- Eliminate hours of repetition for the performer
- Change sounds as the recording advances
- Full Enclosure: A 100% steel casing reduces magnetic interference from other nearby modules that may cause pollution.
- Output-1 Level: Lets you adjust the output level to amp-1 right from the control room. This is particularly useful for fine-tuning front end drive distortion.
- On-Off Switch: Lets you mute the output going to amp-1.
- Lift: Lifts the ground on the ¼" cable so it eliminates a potential ground loop between the 500 series rack and the guitar amp.
- Output-2 Level: Used to adjust the output level going to amp-2. This is particularly useful for fine-tuning front-end drive distortion.
- 180° Polarity: Inverts the phase going to amp-2 to time-align the amplifiers, if needed. It can also be used to create some interesting effects.
- ¼" Outputs: Two outputs let you drive two amplifiers at the same time. These are transformer-isolated to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. This module is class-A buffered to let you drive long cables.
- Omniport: Configured as a hi-Z guitar input to allow the X-Amp to be used like an ABY box, thereby allowing a guitarist to play two amplifiers at once. It is available when used with Radial Workhorse racks.
- Gold 15-Pin Card Edge: Double-sided and gold-plated edge connector ensures good conductivity and signal transfer.
- 100% Discrete Active Buffering: Full size through-hole discrete electronics for optimal signal transfer; parts are selected and mounted by hand.
- Transformer Isolation: Helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the output going to the amplifiers.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.