Rob Papen Blade Mac/PC Additive Synthesis Synth VST RTAS AAX AU Synthesizer eDelivery
The initial idea for Blade was born out of the want to have more ‘human input’ into the sound.
The classic synthesizer parts for modulation are LFOs and Envelopes. The ‘human input’ is the keyboard we play and controllers like pitch bend or modulation wheel. An XY pad is perfect for the human input, but it controls only the filter and volume... We found this to be too limited. We wanted also to control the ‘harmonics’ of the oscillator...changing the waveform using the XY pad.
Out of this idea, Blade was born...
At the heart of BLADE, lies the Harmolator. This special oscillator system uses 9 global controls which change the harmonic content (partials) of the waveform.
The Harmolator allows oscillator spreading, fattening the sound and also square/sine wave sub-oscillator. What's more, the sound can be modified further by the 21 per-voice distortions types and 14 filter types.Blade offers total control of the sound over time using an array of different modulation controls.
The most significant of Blade is the central XY screen. Here you can either alter things directly by moving the cursor around, or you can record paths that can be replayed. The recorded path can be looped, bi-directional looped and tempo based as well. Even the speed of the XY recording can be modulated for dynamic changes!
So the XY pad is also an incredibly advanced “human input” modulation source. Furthermore, Blade has the full range of other modulation sources, including a dedicated envelope, LFO and velocity as a modulation source for Harmolator controls.
Two FX units featuring all the FX from other Rob Papen products, plus the Arp / Sequencer and an Easy page which allows you to easily control sounds, all add up to an amazingly flexible and useful instrument at the cutting edge of today's synthesizers!
- 16 voices, operating in poly , mono 1/2 , legato 1/2 and arp modes.
- Harmolator Oscillator with 9 controls, harmolator wave settings, two types of spread functions and extended sub-oscillator.
- 21 Distortion Units operating per voice (ahead of filter).
- 14 Filter Types including 6/12/18/24 low/high pass, 12/24 band pass / notch, vocal & comb filter.
- Filter separation function for unique filter stereo soundAmp section with Volume, Velocity and Envelope control.
- XP Pad with 12 amount controls for each X and Y, which can modulate the 9 Harmolator parameters, Filter Cutoff, Filter Q and Volume.
- XY Pad which can operating either directly or with recorded paths, in poly, mono or free modes.
- XY Pad playback can be tempo synced, with different tempo settings, and with loop & bi-directional loop options.
- XY Pad movement speed control.
- XY editing options at right mouse menu
- Dedicated Harmolator velocity, LFO and envelope controls.
- Pitch LFO and Pitch Envelope, 2 Free Harmolator control sources, 2 Free Envelopes, 2 Free LFOs and 4 modulation sources.
- All of Blade's controls can be used as modulation destinations, and there are a full range of modulation sources including midi controls and internal controls.
- 2 FX units with 27 effects, including distortion, reverb and tape delay plus many more.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator with each step having its own pitch, velocity and free amount, which can also be used as a sequencer for modulation purposes.
- Easy Page allows control of the main parameters in a flexible and easy way.
- Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function.
- 'Quick Browser', 'Recently Browsed' and 'Favorite' functions.
- Preset Manager screen allows you to easily find and organize presets and banks.
- Full midi control over all parameters included the X/Y Pad.
- PC: 32 & 64 bits VST and RTAS for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
- Mac: 32 & 64 bits AU and VST and 32 bit RTAS for OSX 10.5 or higher
- Mac: AAX for OSX 10,5 of higher very soon
- Mac: 32 bit AU, VST & RTAS for OSX 10.4 (Tiger)
- Serial/license system, 2nd serial for 2nd computer/laptop are available after you have registering the product’s original serial/license.
- PC: 32 & 64 bits VST and 64 bits AAX for Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
- (Note: PC AAX for PT 12 or higher)
- Mac: 64 bits AU, VST and AAX, for OS-X 10.9 - 10.15.
- Compatible with the NI NKS system
Rob Papen Requirements for Purchasing any Upgrade Product:
To purchase any Upgrade for a Rob Papen software product, you must provide us a copy of the document from your Rob Papen account which shows proof of purchased products. You can download this document in a PDF format by accessing your "My Products" page within your Rob Papen account. There is a download option for product registrations in the top section of the page.
Per requirements from the manufacturer, you need to provide this PDF copy to us as proof of the purchased products ahead of our requesting the upgrade from Rob Papen for you.
Please Note that, per manufacturer guidelines, deal products (free products) do not count in upgrades to the Rob Papen eXplorer bundle.
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just like you. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass the savings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just like you! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose.