Roland AIRA TB-3 - Touch Bassline
Since the 1980s, the legendary Roland TB-303 has been a staple of electronic music. The AIRA TB-3 Touch Bassline is a performance-ready bass synthesizer based on the original TB-303, featuring its authentic sound and intuitive controls. The unit maintains the unmistakable character of its predecessor, delivered in a modern package with a pressure-sensitive touch pad that makes both playing and programming a total breeze.
In developing the unit, the company meticulously analyzed the circuitry of the original TB-303 piece by piece, right down to the individual circuit behavior. Using Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology, the TB-303's sawtooth and square wave oscillators are fully reproduced, as well as the -18 dB per octave ladder low-pass filter, capturing that unmistakable cutoff and resonance character. In addition to the original tones, the AIRA TB-3 includes many new patches.
The unit provides a brightly lit pressure-sensitive touch pad that allows for seamlessly creating patterns and interacting with the unit during performance. In addition to pitch and volume, filters and control modulation can be adjusted by simply pressing down on the pad with a finger. A step sequencer allows seamless switching between pattern creation and performance, while the scatter function features slice, reverse, gate and other effects for instant variation, stutter and glitch generation.
Capturing the Original
- Crafted from a pristine TB-303 unit, original spec sheets and archival data
- ACB technology models each component and every aspect of the original TB-303 sound
- Faithful recreation of the original saw and square oscillator waveforms
- Attack, slide, tie and other elements that characterize the TB-303 have been fully reproduced, including how they interact with each other
- Authentic filter behavior with smooth response and classic sound
- Pressure-sensitive touch pad
- 134 sounds, including the original TB-303 tones and new four-oscillator, effects-processed basses, leads, and sound effects
- Dedicated tempo control with shuffle and tap tempo functions
- Control built-in effects with smooth, responsive knobs
- Seven-segment, three-character LED display
- Seamless switching between pattern creation and performance
- Sixteen-step indicator lights to aid in pattern creation
- Pattern support for up to thirty-two steps
- Easy access to shuffle control for bass lines that groove
- Enter steps manually or record in real time on the touch pad
- Change step count during playback to alter the length of phrases
- Random pattern generation and pattern modification
- Pattern copy function