Roland AIRA VT-4 Voice Transformer
The Roland AIRA VT-4 Voice Transformer is a real-time vocal processor designed to craft and shape your own custom vocal sounds, from subtle augmentation to radical transformation. Smoothly alter the pitch and formant of a voice or add heavily processed vocal effects to your studio work, stage performances, podcasts, web streaming, and more. All controls are conveniently located from the front panel allowing you to make quick adjustments without menu diving or programming. Create remarkable effects such as harmonizing, vocoding, pitch shifting, hard tuning, and more. Dramatically change your entire persona from male to female, big to small, or good to evil.
For controls, the unit features dedicated pitch, formant, balance, and reverb sliders. A center wheel provides auto-pitch features, while the dedicated robot, megaphone, vocoder, and harmony buttons allow you to mix and match effects. Each effect has a selection of one-touch variations, so you can get different vocoder characteristics, various lo-fi effects, multi-part harmonies, and distinct kinds of reverb and delay. Chain your effects, set the controls just how you like them, and then simply hold down a preset button to save that scene for later. Up to eight scenes can be saved for instant recall. Changing presets and tweaking controls is smooth and immediate, with no jarring artifacts, glitches, or dropouts.
For I/O, a rear panel features a combo XLR-1/4" connector with switchable 48V phantom power for use with your favorite condenser microphone. Outputs are provided by a pair of 1/4" TRS connectors which can be configured as either mono/stereo or separate wet/dry channels. A built-in USB audio interface with adjustable volume level provides loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks. Power is provided by either the computer's USB bus or via the four included AA batteries.
- Robot: Produces an expressionless voice with a fixed pitch, evocative of a robot
- Megaphone: Produces a distorted voice, as though you were using a megaphone
- Vocoder: Produces a vocoder voice
- Harmony: Lets you add harmony to the sound
- Auto Pitch: Pitch-corrects your voice
- Key: Specifies the key that is used when applying an effect with the Robot button or the Auto Pitch knob
- Pitch: Adjusts the pitch of the voice
- Formant: Adjusts the formants of the sound
- Balance: Adjusts the balance between the normal voice and the effect-processed voice
- Reverb: Adjusts the amount of reverb
- Octave 1
- BBD Chorus
- Talk Box
- Spell Toy
- 3, -4
- 3, 5
- Tempo Delay
- Dub Echo