Roland DJ-202 2-Channel, 4-Deck DJ Controller for Serato DJ Lite
The Roland DJ-202 is a compact Serato DJ controller, offering a wide variety of features in a rugged portable enclosure that is well suited for mobile applications, house parties, clubs, and beat battles. Drawing on technology from the popular flagship DJ-808 controller, the DJ-202 features two large platters, dedicated pads and transport controls, an onboard sequencer, and a microphone input with professional vocal effects.
The two-channel, four-deck controller is USB bus-powered with a lightweight, compact enclosure with integrated easy-grab handles. The unit offers 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution for professional-sounding performance. The large platters offer low-latency performance for scratch performance and cuing, while the dedicated Serato DJ controls allow for quick creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, and samples, plus switching between four decks with dedicated Deck Select buttons. Each channel offers a trim knob, 3 bands of EQ control, high/low filter controls, and a level fader, while the master section provides knobs for master level, cue/master mixing, headphone level, sampler level, and a crossfader for smooth transitions between decks. There are also three Serato FX select buttons per deck for controlling Serato's onboard FX.
The Roland DJ-202 features sounds of the TR-808 and TR-909, which harness Roland's latest Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology to faithfully recreate the original sounds of these machines, including bass drum, snare drum, closed hi-hat, open hi-hat, tom, rim, clap, and ride. Load your own sounds into Serato Sample to create remixes, beats, and live performances. Program the onboard, 16-step sequencer via the performance pads to create cutting-edge transitions, live remixes, and beefed up classic tracks. Additionally, the DJ-202 offers a standard MIDI (5-pin DIN) connector for connecting and synchronizing outboard gear including any of the Roland AIRA instruments and effects.
The DJ-202 ships with Serato DJ Lite, which allows you to organize and build music libraries or integrate songs from iTunes by just dragging a track to the deck, set and trigger cues, loops, and samples, and apply basic FX. The The Roland DJ-202 is Serato DJ Pro upgrade ready and includes a USB cable.
- Two-channel, four-deck controller for Serato DJ Lite
- Large platters with the lowest available latency, optimized for scratching
- Built-in drum kits from Roland’s TR-808, TR-909, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology
- Eight sounds in each TR kit: Bass drum, snare drum, closed hat, open hat, tom, rim, clap, and ride
- Onboard sequencer that controls Serato DJ Intro’s sampler for on-the-fly beat creation
- Independent sampler volume control
- Eight dedicated pads with Hot Cue, Loop, Sequencer, and Sampler modes for controlling Serato DJ Intro or Serato DJ software
- MIDI output for synchronizing external devices with tracks in Serato DJ Intro
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- 24-bit / 48 kHz audio fidelity with high-resolution, digital-to-analog converters
- Compact, rugged, and lightweight design with easy-grab handles for optimal portability
- Connect straight to your speakers or amplifier via RCA stereo outputs
- USB-powered for simple connectivity
- Serato DJ Lite included; Serato DJ Pro Upgrade Ready
- Use Serato DJ Lite to organize and build music libraries or integrate songs from iTunes—just drag a track to the deck, set and trigger cues, loops, and samples, and apply basic FX