Rupert Neve Designs 5059 Satellite 16 x 2+2 Summing Mixer
Built around many of the topologies and custom transformers made famous with the 5088 mixer and Portico II Series, the 5059 is designed to deliver the ultimate “out of the box” sonics and ergonomics in a 2U, rack-mountable chassis.
- Texture - Continuously variable control for Silk and Silk+ modes allows the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of both stereo outputs.
- New Class-A Topologies - With zero crossover distortion and unmatched purity, the 5059 sets the standard for rack-mountable summing mixers
- Custom Transformers - Beyond providing galvanic isolation, the custom transformers in the 5059 are a key ingredient to its larger than life sound.
- Dual Stereo Outputs - Split the input channels into two stems for further processing and mixing.
- Channel Level - Individual level controls are provided for each channel from -∞ to +10dB.
- Channel Pan - Individual pan controls are provided on each channel of the 5059 with a 3dB pan law.
- Master Output Level - Level controls are provided for each of the stereo outputs -∞ to 0dB.
The 5059 features 16 channels with individual level, pan, inserts, stereo-2 sends, and master texture controls, providing easy integration with outboard equipment, complete control for two separate stem mixes, and the ability to dial in analogue mojo in two modes. With the same sonic heritage as mixers used to create countless hit records, the 5059 Satellite Mixer imbues tracks with the legendary warmth and presence of a Rupert Neve design.
The Signature of Excellence
The most important element of the 5059 is its legendary sound. The keys to the sonic prowess of the 5059 are the custom transformers and true class-A topologies found within. The +/- 24V class-A topologies in the 5059 have been fine-tuned over a number of years to provide exceptional sonic performance and completely eliminate cross-over distortion. When combined with Mr. Rupert Neve’s transformer design and implementation, the 5059 achieves a remarkable purity, while also conveying the signature warmth and larger-than-life sound reminiscent of Rupert’s classic designs.
One drawback to mixing “in the box” is the inability to use high quality analogue outboard equipment. Channel inserts are provided in the 5059 to streamline interconnections with analogue outboard equipment and to allow for further expansions of the 5059’s capabilities. By connecting a second 5059 to the insert outputs of a 5059, the dual stereo outputs can be used as a way to add 4 auxes to each of the 16 channels. When used with the , the 5059 can be utilized to create and mix stems into the main stereo inputs on the 5060.
From Clean to Colored and Everywhere in Between
Every mix demands its own treatment; continuously variable Texture controls with Silk and Silk+ modes allow the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of each stereo send of the 5059, or leave each mix pristine. The Silk mode accentuates the transformer saturation in the high frequencies to add a “sparkle” to tracks. The Silk + mode accentuates the saturation of the low frequencies to add thickness and density to any source – especially useful for dry, somewhat anemic mixes. Unlike EQ, the texture control saturates the output transformers, and adds musical harmonics to the source material according to the amount of texture applied.
Stem It or Sum It
Aside from providing aux functionality with a second 5059 module, the dual stereo outputs of the 5059 are generally used for creating stem mixes. These stem mixes can be enhanced using the Silk / Texture controls on the 5059, then processed by buss compressors or other devices, and fed into inputs of another mixer or an ADC.
With 16 channels of Rupert Neve designed class-A magic and numerous tonal and routing options, the 5059 Satellite mixer will elevate your DAW-based studio’s sound and performance to new heights.
- Frequency Response:
- 100K Load,
- +/- 0.1dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- -3dB @ 3.5Hz / 185kHz
- Buss Outputs: -106dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -104dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: 103dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -100dBV
- Un-weighted, 22Hz – 22kHz
- Buss Outputs:
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -101dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: -100dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -97dBV
- Signal to Noise
- +20dBu output un-weighted, 22 – 22kHz: 116dB
- +20dBu output, IEC A weighted: 119dB
- +4dBu output unweighted, 22 – 22kHz: 100dB
- +4dBu output, IEC A weighted: 103dB
- Output Level:
- Summing Busses to XLR outputs, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +26dBu
- Single Channel to Buss, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +24.5dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise:
- 1kHz @+20dBu output: better than 0.003%
- 20Hz @+20dBu output: better than 0.005%
- Total Harmonic Distortion, Silk Engaged:
- Blue Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock: 0.2% typical
- Blue Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.65% typical Red Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock: 0.1% typical
- Red Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.35% typical
- Slew Rate: 4V/uS
- Buss1 to Buss2
- 1kHz: Better than -90dB
- 10kHz: Better than -70dB
- Power Consumption:
- AC Mains, 100VAC to 240VAC, 50/60Hz: 45 Watts
- Fuses – not user accessible, internal on power supplies
- Size: 3.5”H (2U), 19”W, 8”D
- Weigh: 23lbs
- Shipping size: 22” x 17” x 8”
- Shipping Weight: 25lbs
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just like you. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass the savings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just like you! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose.