Samar Audio Design VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone
The Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone is an active version of their wonderful sounding VL37. Building on the VL37's exceptionally linear frequency response, perfectly robust stainless steel body, and penchant for bridging the gap between both vintage and modern sounds, the Samar VL37A's extremely low self-noise and active electronics opens up a new territory of uses - notably for classical music, broadcast, film, live sound and studio applications.
Because of its condenser-like output level, and because of the optimized load on the ribbon and perfect impedance integration, the Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone puts much less stress on the preamplifier and cable choices, making it a perfect and very affordable solution for projects and professional studios.
In keeping with the VL37, the motor structure and tuning of the Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone are based on Samar's critically acclaimed MF65, all the microphones in the range use the same components. As with all of Samar's microphones, the Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone is entirely handcrafted and meticulously assembled using parts made exclusively in their US shop.
The Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone's tonal balance combines a vintage vibe with a modern sound, creating a unique but affordable recording tool. Its bi-directional, figure 8, symmetrical polar pattern is perfect when used on vocals, choir, piano, violin, orchestra, brass instruments, acoustic and electric guitar, speaker cabinets, drum overheads, room microphones, among other recording, broadcast, and classical music applications. It features a robust Stainless Steel body and comes in a US made wooden box and anti-vibration shockproof clip.
Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone Features
- One of the kind innovative design
- Extremely low noise (4-5dB lower noise than already very quiet VL37)
- Balanced ruler flat frequency response down to 20Hz (-0.43dB) and unprecedented top end beyond 25kHz
- Low noise, low distortion, made in house amorphous core toroidal transformers
- Sophisticated motor with shortest front-to-back path ever seen in ribbon microphones
- Low-mass ribbon with a unique fine tuning adjustment to assure for consistency from unit to unit
- Proprietary corrugation process to maintain ribbons integrity without special handling
- Handcrafted in the USA
Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone Specifications
- Pickup Pattern: Figure 8
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-25KHz (and beyond)
- Ribbon Dimensions: 2x0.250x1.5 micron
- Sensitivity: 8.4mV/Pa
- Output impedance: 65 Ohm
- Microphone Dimensions: 6,420x1,300
- Weight: 230g (8.2oz)
Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone Includes
- Samar VL37A Active Ribbon Microphone
- Anti-vibration shockproof clip
- Wood Storage Box
- 5-year parts-2-year ribbon replacement warranty