Developed in close collaboration with pioneering designer Rupert Neve, the flagship sE Electronics RNT is a large-diaphragm, multi-pattern tube condenser microphone, which promises to bring the larger-than-life sounds of classic studio tube microphones into the modern age, capturing vocals and instruments with enhanced depth and sonic clarity.
The RNT microphone features a handcrafted, gold-sputtered, 1" true-condenser, dual-diaphragm capsule, individually tuned in the company's factory to deliver a natural sound. The first active stage includes a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube housed within the microphone chassis and optimized for driving the mic's first custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The microphone's all-metal construction provides efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise, and its high-quality finish offers protection against damage from normal use or aging.
The floor box (power supply) houses a second, custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer, built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs' flagship 5088 recording console, and known for its pristine transparency and large headroom. The box features a nine-position polar pattern switch, which enables you to choose between omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-8, or positions in-between to optimize the pickup of the desired sound source while controlling ambient sound and minimizing unwanted signal bleed.
The Microphone utilizes fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages. It offers three switchable stages of active gain with 24 dB of extended dynamic range, ideal for recording delicate ambiences or close-miking loud instruments and voices. Two switchable, active low-cut filters at 40 and 80 Hz help reduce unwanted rumble or compensate for proximity effect.
The RNT includes an 8-pin cable to connect the mic to the floor box, a custom shockmount, a wooden microphone box, and a flight case.
Handcrafted, Gold-Sputtered 1" True Condenser Capsule
- sE's flagship capsule with refined electrode design delivers a natural sound
- Handcrafted and individually tuned in the company's factory
Nine Selectable Polar Patterns
- Precisely-tuned dual-diaphragm capsule design with omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, plus three steps between each
- Allows you to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Minimize unwanted signal bleed with ease
Hand-Selected ECC82 Tube & Custom Rupert Neve Designs Audio Transformer
- Each microphone-grade tube is carefully selected and pre-tested in house
- Produce vivid realism and depth in recordings
- Unique tube circuit design optimized for driving the mic's custom-built Rupert Neve Designs first output transformer
Handcrafted Metal Housing with Premium Finish
- All-metal construction built with highest attention to detail
- Efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise
- High-quality finish ensures a great look for many years
Floor Box (Power Supply)
Second Custom-Built Rupert Neve Designs Audio Transformer
- Transformer designed for sweet, musical performance and flawless isolation
- Provides the legendary sonic character of Rupert Neve's transformers
Custom-Made, Discrete Class-A Rupert Neve Designs Amplification
- Delivers the sonic character and performance expected from one of the world's most prized recording equipment
- Utilizes the same operational amplifiers found in Rupert Neve Designs' flagship 5088 console
- Discrete op-amps ensure large headroom, ultra-wide bandwidth, and zero crossover distortion
Active Gain Stage with Three Switchable Levels
- Provides 24 dB of extended dynamic range for a wide range of applications (-12 / 0 / 12 dB)
- Discrete Rupert Neve Designs op-amp cards ensure pristine performance
- Suitable for every type of recording from capturing delicate ambience to close-miking loud instruments and voices
Two Switchable Active Low-Cut Filters
- Switchable 80 and 40 Hz low-cut filters
- Reduce unwanted rumble or foot-fall noise, or compensate for proximity effect
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.