Designed for stereo recording, the sE Electronics sE8 Matched Pair gives you two sE8 microphones in one convenient package. The sE8 itself is is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone with a hand-made, gold-sputtered cardioid capsule. Suitable for live and recording scenarios, the microphone has been engineered to provide a balanced, transparent, and natural sound, as well as a detailed transient response. With two microphones matched specifically for consistency, you'll be able to capture a clear and accurate stereo image.
The sE8 boasts inherently low self-noise for capturing audio in particularly quiet situations. It also sports an SPL high enough to handle drums, and a dynamic range large enough to handle record triple-piano to triple-forte velocities accurately.
Two switchable pre-attenuation pads are on hand, should you encounter particularly loud sound sources; one will shave off 10 dB, while the other will attenuate 20 dB. You'll also note a switchable low-pass filter that rolls off low end at either 80 Hz or 160 Hz at 6 dB per octave.
To enhance durability—and to reject electrical interference and noise—the sE8 sports an all-metal chassis. The gold-plated, 3-pin XLR connector ensures signal reliability for a long time to come. Handcrafted and hand-tuned, the microphones come with two mic clips, two thread adapters, two windscreens, a stereo bar for mounting the microphones, and a robust metal case for protecting the mics when they're not in use.
Key Features at a Glance
- 3-micron, gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Handcrafted, hand-tuned capsule
- Precision electrode design for a linear, naturalistic response
- Backplate design provides smooth, natural sound and consistent off-axis response
- Electronic design provides low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- Transformerless design for transparency and clarity
- Class-A circuitry for a high dynamic range and transient response without distortion
- -10 dB and -20 dB pads, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more
- Low-pass filters, selectable between 80 Hz and 160 Hz
- All-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise
- Includes two mic clips, each with a thread adapter
- Includes two windscreens
- Includes stereo bar for mounting microphones for stereo recording
- includes a robust metal case
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.