The SE Electronics X1 A is high quality condenser microphone intended for a wide range of studio applications, from vocals to drums to acoustic instruments and beyond. Thanks to its custom design and carefully-selected capsule, it delivers pristine sound quality and an even, well-balanced frequency response.
The electronics and the switchable attenuation pad ensure a high dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components. The switchable low cut filter eliminates rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the X1 A to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums.
Reliable operation even in demanding on-stage applications in difficult environments is ensured by the roadworthy all-metal design, robust construction, and high quality manufacturing standards.
SE Electronics X1 A Includes:
- X1 A microphone
- Swivel mic clip
- Mic stand thread adapter
SE Electronics X1 A Features:
- All-metal housing and premium finish
- Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other"entry-level" microphones, the X1 A's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
- Integrated windscreen
- Eliminates the need for an external pop filter, and provides an extra layer of safety and security for the all-important capsule.
- Completely new acoustic design
- The X1 A's new condenser capsule design is a work of art, delivering stellar sonic performance on any source with incredible speed, accuracy, and well-balanced frequency response. The electronics have also undergone a complete overhaul, and exhibit better specifications and sound -on and off the test bench - than any other microphone in its class.
- Attenuation and low cut switches
- The -20 dB pad switch on the left provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums. The 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
- Gold-plated XLR connector
SE Electronics X1 A Specifications:
- Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: < 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dB)
- Max SPL: 130 / 150 dB (0 / 20 dB pad, (0.5% THD @1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 114 / 134 dB (0 / 20 dB pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR
- Power requirement: 48V phantom according to IEC 61938
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.0 mA
- Diameter: 58 mm (2.28 in.) x Length: 169mm (6.65 in.)
- Weight: 390 g / 13.8 oz
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.