A BETTER CLASSIC CAPSULE
Our custom designed 35mm capsule has a sultry vintage timbre with just the right amount of air. Ideal for use on vocals, percussion and bass guitar, this twin diaphragm design captures sounds with depth, realism and exceptional transient response.
THREE-WAY GAIN STAGING
Extending the versatility of the Clarion is a three-position gain switch. The +10dB selection is ideal for use with quiet sound sources and consumer-grade audio interfaces where more character from the microphone itself is desired. The -10dB selection is useful when more color and saturation from a high-end preamp is desired, or when paired with very loud sounds. Set to 0, the output of the Clarion is at its default output selection.
SELECTABLE POLAR PATTERNS
Polar patterns have a significant impact on the sound of a microphone because each selection determines what the microphone hears. A Cardioid selection will focus all of a microphone’s attention directly to where it is pointed. This is the most commonly used polar pattern for sound sources such as vocals and bass. Figure-8 and Omnidirectional selections allow the sound of a room or other off-axis instrumentation to be captured in a more open, natural or authentic way. These patterns are extremely useful when recording acoustic instruments like guitar, piano, or drums.
The Clarion signal path is hand-populated with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors, a US made low-noise FET, and a custom wound output transformer that puts the finishing touches on every sound that passes through its copper windings. The result is a full, smooth, mix-ready sound brimming with life and ready for anything.
After being hand-polished, the Clarion’s solid brass enclosure is hand finished with a durable, non-toxic ceramic coating and baked in an oven for curing before final assembly, burn-in, and testing.
DESIGNED AND BUILT IN SILICON VALLEY
Each Clarion is lovingly designed and crafted to last a lifetime in Silicon Valley, CA by the Lauten Audio family.
IN THE BOX
• Wooden Case
• Shock Mount
DEALER WEB BULLET POINTS
• Classic FET sound with modern air
• Selectable polar patterns for focused to open sound
• Three-way gain selection for added versatility
• Custom wound output transformer for mix-ready sound
• Designed and built in Silicon Valley, CA by the Lauten Audio family
IDEAL FOR USE ON
• Male Vocals
• Female vocals
• Kick Drum
• Bass Guitar
• Acoustic Guitar
- Type: Pressure gradient FET condenser
- Capsule: 35mm dual diaphragm
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
- Freq. Response: 25Hz-20KHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Self-noise level: < 12dB(A)
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1KHz
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: Cerakote (Ceramic)
- Power: Requires 48v Phantom Power
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.