The SSL Network I/O: A32 is a 32-channel analog to Dante network interface featuring SSL’s Superanalogue ultra transparent noise-free signal path
Designed for complex broadcast and live performance environments where only the highest quality analog I/O will do, the SSL Network I/O : A32 gives you 32 bi-directional line-level channels of SSL SuperAnalogue I/O to Dante or other AES 67-based IP networks. Since the A32 is designed for critical live scenarios where nothing less than zero downtime will do, the SSL A32 includes redundant power supplies as well as redundant network connections* for future hardware upgrades and connectivity. The A32 features 32 balanced line inputs and 32 line outputs and can be controlled remotely via SSL’s Network I/O Controller app. And of course, with SSL Superanalogue signal paths, you won’t hear the A32 in operation—just the source and destination of your audio as you captured it.
SSL Network I/O : A32—Just the Facts:
- 32 x 32 Superanalogue balanced line I/O to Dante AoIP
- Redundant power supplies
- Redundant network connection*
- Remote control via free SSL software app
*Network B connectivity provides a future hardware upgrade path for direct SFP (small form-factor pluggable) LC (Lucent Connector) fiber-optic connection.
SSL Network I/O : A32—Under the Hood
What is Superanalogue?
Superanalogue is defined by DC-coupled circuitry, which eliminates ICs, electrolytic capacitors*, and transformers in the signal path. DC-coupling provides an extraordinarily transparent audio path with flat, ultra-wide frequency response, extremely low distortion, and an almost immeasurable noise floor. SSL’s SuperAnalogue’s bandwidth is greater than 192kHz recorders and has a dynamic range well beyond 24-bit ADA converters. SuperAnalogue circuits are designed to be the fastest-acting, most tonally accurate audio circuits possible.
PAD Tech Note: SSL avoids using electrolytic capacitors for de-coupling between analog stages. The performance of an electrolytic capacitor is rendered imprecise by virtue of its physical construction, which makes it vulnerable to electromagnetic interference. Even expensive, high-quality electrolytics are not up to the specifications required by Superanalogue standards. Doubtless, you’ve heard the word, “recapped” when it comes to console maintenance. Due to temperature variations over time, electrolytic capacitors degrade and become leaky, resulting in significant noise issues, altered tonal characteristics, and a shortened product life.
SSL Network I/O Controller app
SSL Network I/O Controller software provides comprehensive remote control and status monitoring of Network I/O Mic, Line and AES3 interfaces across a Dante network. The software can be installed onto any PC located anywhere on the network. Multiple instances of the software can coexist on the network, with all instances having access to all SSL interfaces currently available on the network. The Controller application offers complete control over the extensive feature set of SSL’s interfaces and acts as a communication aid with clear real-time device and channel attention indication.
SSL Network I/O Controller app key features:
- Comprehensive control over Network I/O interfaces via Dante network
- Clear real-time device and channel-attention indication
- Runs on PC anywhere on the network
Dante Audio over IP
Dante IP Audio networking provides an extremely versatile solution for multi-user environments where digital audio assets are shared across multiple recording areas and control rooms. With more than 350 Dante-enabled products by more than 150 different manufacturers already released, Dante by Audinate is A/V’s leading high-speed, low-latency network audio protocol. Able to use standard IT infrastructure (Ethernet cables, connections, network routers, and switches) Dante provides a cost-effective solution for audio distribution, routing, device discovery, and control. The ability to use IP audio networking offers a fresh approach to audio routing and asset sharing for audio productions offering a wide range of benefits.
Dante features and benefits:
- Up to 512 channels @ 48kHz (256 @ 96kHz) on a single 1GB connection
- Plug-and-play automatic discoverability of more than 500 devices from 220 different manufacturers—and growing
- Remote Device Control lets you configure parameters anywhere on the network
- Uses low-cost IT hardware, standard and/or existing Cat 5 or Cat 6 cabling with audio and control on the same network down a single cable
- Ethernet/IP connectivity simplifies interfacing with a wide range of devices including Intercoms
- Scalable systems can grow as your needs evolve. Want a bigger network? Just add another switch
- Full network redundancy: technology tried and tested across many industries and fully compatible with all network redundancy models
- Distributed routing control from unlimited devices or terminals
- Analog-style workaround means that catastrophic failure of a single device will have no effect on any other devices in the network
- IEEE and IETF compliant can mix with traffic on any standard IP infrastructure
With Dante committed to conform with AVB standards and with AES67, the SSL Network I/O range is ready for future networked audio developments
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.