Now offering Dante capability over Ethernet connections, the Nucleus² from Solid State Logic is a portable desktop unit which combines customizable DAW control, transparent SuperAnalog monitoring, SSL console-grade mic pres, a talkback mic, and more to give your project studio an elegant and comprehensive monitoring, recording, and mixing solution. This unit, styled in a dark finish, builds upon the previous iteration to give you a feel closely modelled on the SSL Matrix, allowing you to put your mouse aside and make your musical decisions in the console-style often favored by producers and engineers.
Able to switch among three different connected DAWs at the push of a button, the Nucleus² uses HUI and MCU protocols to ensure compatibility with applications such as Pro Tools, Logic, and Cubase/Nuendo. It can also transmit MIDI CC data. The net result: dedicated, assignable hardware controls for plug-in parameters and your DAW, with 16 100mm motorized faders, user-definable soft-keys, V-Pots, and dedicated select/solo/cut buttons at your command—as well as 10-point channel level meters.
A center section provides DAW-specific controls, giving you large, heavy-duty transport buttons, a sturdy jog/shuttle wheel, additional USB keyboard emulation buttons, and more. Some metering features come in particularly handy in low-light conditions, such as bright LCD digital scribble strips, DAW audio level meters, LED status indicators, and self-illuminating buttons.
Connectivity to your computer can be achieved via Ethernet connections for Dante audio and DAW control, and in this manner, the unit can be looped into a larger Dante network. It also features a USB connection and appears to your computer as a standard keyboard, enabling key command emulation. You can also utilize S/PDIF connections to feed the AD/DA of your existing interface, and in doing so, can use a "digital to DAW" record path and a "mic/line/instrument to digital" output path. Using a wet/dry control, you can balance the incoming signal with DAW playback to achieve zero-latency monitoring whilst recording.
In addition to Dante connectivity, the Nucleus² gives you another new feature in the form of a talkback input which feeds headphones and triggers a -20 dB dimming of your monitor outputs. You can switch the feed of this talkback input to input 2 of the Dante soundcard, and in this way, control talkback remotely over a network.
The unit provides a whole host of other useful qualities, so for a comprehensive list, please continue to the features section.
USB Connections and SD Storage
Custom and Recallable Configuration
Included Duende Native Essentials Bundle
More Features at a Glance
- DAW controller for professional project studios via Ethernet
- Compatible with ProTools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo and all major DAW applications
- Switch between three connected DAWs with a single button press
- Two banks of 8-channel controls, plus center-section controls
- Touch-sensitive 100mm motorized faders
- Digital scribble strips with assignable V-Pots and soft keys
- User-customizable DAW & key-command mapping
- Remote Logictivity Browser for easy configuration
- Large heavy-duty transport buttons, as well as a jog/shuttle wheel
- Visual feedback via self-illuminating buttons, LEDs, and DAW level metering
- Benchmark SuperAnalogue output to two stereo sets of +4 dBu monitor outputs
- Dante audio interface (44.1 to 96 kHz / 24-bit) over Ethernet
- Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface
- Zero-latency record-monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback
- Mic inputs have 80 Hz high-pass filters, polarity reverse, and phantom power
- Additional "external" SuperAnalogue input monitor path for another audio interface
- Talkback input path with switchable -20dB monitor DIM and adjustable gain. Can be switched to feed input 2 of the Dante soundcard for remote communication over the network
- Two headphone outputs and one iJack monitor input
- Standard 1/4" jack footswitch connection
- Dual Ethernet ports for incorporating additional Dante devices into your studio
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.