The X-Desk from Solid State Logic is a 16 channel summing mixer that also acts as the analog audio hub of your studio. It has a clever and impressively flexible input and output scheme on D-Sub connectors that make it a useful tool in a variety of recording studio applications. With multiple monitor outputs and comprehensive monitoring controls, a talkback section, and many other features, the X-Desk acts as an indispensable utility with world-class audio and build quality.
You can use the X-Desk during tracking, taking the feed from microphone preamps, DI boxes, and line-level sources, and sending them to a DAW or recording device while also patching together a cue mix for the artists. The X-Desk can also be used during mix down. You can reassign the cue channels to accept an alternate input, essentially transforming it into a 16 channel summing mixer. The main stereo mix bus features an insert (that can be used for a stereo master bus compressor). There are also inserts on every channel, as well as aux sends and returns.
The idea behind the X-Desk is to bring the audio performance of larger SSL consoles to a compact, portable format. The X-Desk accomplishes this by featuring the same SuperAnalogue DNA found in SSL's acclaimed AWS 900+, Duality, and Matrix consoles. In the event that you require a larger console, several X-Desk units can be cascaded together for a total of 160 channels. It can also cascade with SSL's X-Rack systems.
The X-Desk fits in a standard 19" rack (rack ears included, requires 7 spaces), but it's just as at home on your desk as the centerpiece of your studio. Complete with accurate bar graph metering and smooth 100 mm faders (with pre and post buttons on every channel), the X-Desk ties together the separate elements of your studio, and does so with uncompromising audio circuitry.
- SuperAnalogue - audio purity at the highest level
- 8 dual input mono line channels, 16 channel mixdown
- 8 insert send/return channels
- Stereo CUE and 2 mono auxiliary sends
- Cascade with X-Rack and other X-Desks for bigger systems
- Talkback system for artist communication
- Dim & cut buttons
- Independent main and alternate stereo monitor outputs
- SSL stereo mix bus with external summing and inserts
- 2 stereo returns with level, pan, and bus assignment
- iJack front panel input for portable playback devices
- High quality internal PSU
- D-sub channel I/O connection for studio integration
- 19" rack mount ears included
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.