The Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module comprises a compressor/limiter and an expander/gate, the design of which returns faithfully to the circuit and key components which defined the sound of the original E-Series channel strip.
The Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module is one of two new modules for the X-Rack/Mynx SuperAnalogue modular mixing and processing system. The new E-Series Modules reproduce the legendary sonic signature of an early 80's classic, the SL 4000 E console channel strip, which was featured on countless 1980's recordings.
The Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module features a compressor/limiter and an expander/gate, both of which return faithfully to the circuitry and key components which define the sound of the original SL 611E Series channel strip. A true RMS converter is used in the side chain while the gain element is an all discrete design identical to the Class A VCA chip used in the original unit. The compressor contains additional switching options to defeat the over-easy curve and to use a linear release instead of the more usual logarithmic curve. The result is a compressor with three distinct voices, each with its own musical character.
Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module Features
- Immortal SSL 4000 Series circuitry
- Class A VCA replication
- Expander/Gate with Key input
- Based on classic 611E console channel strip
Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module Specifications
- Depth: 200mm / 7.9 inches (Including Front Panel Knobs, Excluding Connectors), 275mm / 10.9 inches (Including Front Panel Knobs and Connectors)
- Height: 171mm / 6.75 inches
- Width: 35mm / 1.4 inches (Front/Rear Panels), 49mm / 1.9 inches (Overall Width with Front and Rear Panels are Offset)
- Weight: 260g / 9.5 Ounces
- Boxed Size: 190mm x 290mm x 70mm / 7.5" x 11.5" x 2.5"
- Boxed Weight: 460g / 16.5 Ounces
- Ratio (Slope): Variable from 1 to Infinity (Limit)
- Threshold: Variable from +10dB to –30dB
- Attack Slope: Normally ‘Over Easy’, Switchable to ‘Hard Knee’
- Attack Time: Normally 30mS per 20dB, Switchable to 3mS (‘Fast Att’)
- Release: Variable from 0.1 to 4 Seconds
- Release Slope: Normally ‘Logarithmic’, Switchable to ‘Linear’
- Range: Variable from 0 to 40dB
- Threshold: Variable from –30dB to +10dB
- Attack Time: Normally 1.5mS per 40dB, Switchable to 100µs
- Release Time: Variable from 0.1 to 4 Seconds
- THD + N (+20dBu Applied): < 0.05% at 1kHz
- Noise: < –75dBu
- Output Headroom: > +26dBu at Onset of Clipping
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 130kHz, ±0.25dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module Includes
- Solid State Logic X-Rack 4000 Series Dynamics Module
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.