The SSL VHD Input Module combines some classic SSL heritage with a generous helping of cutting edge circuit design to deliver a devilishly warm and dirty alternative to the pure X-Rack Mic Amp Module. The VHD Input Module is based on the input section of the popular SSL E-Signature Channel 1U rack processor. The VHD Input module combines five key elements; a high bandwidth mic amp stage that can handle mic, instrument or line inputs, SSL's innovative Variable Harmonic Drive circuit, an additional line input/ trim control section, a set of High and Low Pass Filters and the classic Listen Mic Compressor.
Unique Variable Harmonic Drive circuit for overdriven sounds
SSL's unique VHD system is a 100% analogue circuit that adds a variable blend of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion to your signal. At relatively low input gain settings 'VHD' preamps deliver ultra-clean recordings. Increase the input gain and adjust the VHD control and the user can inject his source recordings with anything from '50s valve-style overdrive through to hard-edged '70s transistor-style grit or any blend of the two.
X-Rack makes an outstanding DAW front end
When loaded with Mic Input, VHD Input, EQ and Dynamics Modules, X-Rack can now be configured as an exceptionally high quality and extremely versatile recording and processing system to serve as the perfect front end with the capacity to add analogue shimmer to potentially cold DAW recordings.
Solid State Logic X-Rack VHD Input Module Features:
- Electronically balanced ultra-high-bandwidth mic input with +20dB to +70dB gain control and phantom power
- Hi-Z and pad switches on mic amp input
- Dedicated additional XLR line input
- Variable Harmonic Drive circuit; adds controllable blend of 2nd or 3rd Harmonic distortion
- Dedicated trim control after the VHD stage
- Classic listen mic compressor with fixed attack and release curves, ideal for drums
- High- and low-pass filters
Note: This Module Requires an X-Rack.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.