The Solid State Logic X-Rack with Dynamics Modules comes pre-loaded with eight dynamics modules of a classic SSL XL 9000 K. The SSL X-Rack Dynamics Module incorporates eight channels of compression, limiting, expansion and gating with hard or soft knee operation and peak, or RMS sensing in a single 4U rackmountable unit. The module's circuitry utilizes the SSL's acclaimed SuperAnalogue design techniques to deliver fantastic sound quality with very low noise and distortion.
The Solid State Logic X-Rack with Dynamics Modules is a modular rack system with 8 SSL X-Rack Dynamics Modules. Whether it is used in a stand-alone setup or patched to console inserts, the Solid State Logic X-Rack with Dynamics Modules makes the SSL sound accessible for both studio and live applications.
SSL's Capacitor-less SuperAnalogue Design
The Solid State Logic put the same ultra-quiet, capacitor-less circuitry in the X-Rack Dynamics Module that they put in their super-expensive XL 9000 K mixing boards. With this capacitor-less design, you are assured that your X-Rack Dynamic Modules will remain phase linear year after year. This also means that each X-Rack Dynamics Module is an identical copy of any other one, providing a uniform sound. The SSL X-Rack Dynamics Module is the perfect way to get the classic sound of an SSL dynamics section and take it with you in your rack wherever you need to record or mix.
Compression, Limiting, Expansion, and Gating with Hard or Soft Knee Operation
The X-Rack Dynamics Module provides the classic sound of the dynamics section of a SSL XL 9000 K console which includes compression, limiting, expansion, and gating. With the X-Rack Dynamics Module you get Variable Ratio, Threshold and Release compressor adjustments, with RMS/Peak operation and fast/slow attack switches with LED monitoring to help keep an eye on the levels. The X-Rack Dynamics features balanced inputs and outputs, and has an external key to further expand its dynamic capabilities.
The truly amazing thing about the X-Rack Dynamics Module is that the X-Rack integrates Total Recall - an absolute first in analog equipment. Total Recall allows you to set any or all of the modules in the X-Rack, dial in your perfect sound, and then save the preset to one of the 32 flash memory locations. Saving presets was once territory only traversed by digital outboard gear and plug-ins, but the X-Rack from SSL gives you the classic SSL true analog sound with the convenience of digital. Once you've found your ideal sound, save the settings for the next time you need that awesome compression you used on the last session.
Solid State Logic X-Rack with Dynamics Modules Features
- Chassis is a 4U 19" rack housing with a premium grade power supply
- MIDI IN/OUT connections and a Mix Bus Link port that enables two X-Racks to be cascaded
- Chassis holds up to eight modules in any configuration
- Utilizes the identical circuit design and manufacturing to SSL's Duality and AWS consoles
- Total Recall™ delivers the classic SSL sound in a uniquely versatile form
- Allows you build a stunning SuperAnalogue™ front end for your recording system
- Offers you create an SSL summing mixer with an ultra-pure analogue mix buss
- Delivers the very highest quality analogue recording and summing path
- A perfect configurable solution for studio or live applications
SSL X-Rack Dynamics Module
- Fully balanced XLR input and output
- Switched -10dB/+4dB operating level
- Dedicated compression meter display
- Over-easy RMS compressor, switchable to peak sensing hard knee
- Variable Ratio, Threshold and Release
- External key operation
- Independently switched Gate/Expander section
- Link facility for multiple module linking
Solid State Logic X-Rack with Dynamics Modules Specifications
- Chassis: 4U 19" Rack Housing
- Depth: 180 mm / 7.2 inches (Excluding Front Panel Knob(s) and Connectors), 255 mm/10.2 inches (Including Connectors, Excluding Front Panel Knob(s)
- Height: 178 mm / 7 inches (4RU) (Excluding Feet)
- Width: 440 mm / 17.4 inches (Excluding Rack Ears), 483 mm / 19 inches (Including Rack Ears)
- Weight: 2.8 kg / 6.2 Pounds (Without Modules Fitted), 3.5 kg / 7.7 Pounds (With Blank Panels Fitted), 5.0 kg / 11 Pounds (With Modules Fitted)
- Power: 50 Watts / 60 VA (with 8 Modules Fitted)
- Boxed Size: 540 mm x 300 mm x 270 mm / 21.25" x 12" x 10.63"
- Boxed Weight: 4.3 kg / 9.5 Pounds (Without Modules Fitted), 5.0 kg / 11 Pounds (with Blank Panels Fitted), 6.5 kg / 14.3 Pounds (with Modules Fitted)
SSL X-Rack Dynamics Module:
- Depth: 200mm / 7.9 inches (Including Front Panel Knobs, Excluding Connectors), 275mm / 10.9 inches (Including Front Panel Knobs and Connectors)
- Height: 171mm / 6.75 inches
- Width: 35mm / 1.4 inches (Front/Rear Panels), 49mm / 1.9 inches (Overall Width with Front and Rear Panels are Offset)
- Weight: 260g / 9.5 Ounces
- Boxed Size: 190mm x 290mm x 70mm / 7.5" x 11.5" x 2.5"
- Boxed Weight: 460g / 16.5 Ounces
- Ratio (Slope): Variable from 1 to Infinity (Limit)
- Threshold: Variable from +10dB to –30dB
- Attack Time: Normally Auto Sensing, Switchable to 1mS
- Release Time: Variable from 0.1 to 4 Seconds
- Range: Variable from 0 to 40dB
- Threshold: Variable from –30dB to +10dB
- Attack Time: Normally Auto-Sensing, Switchable to 150µs
- Hold Time: Variable from 0 to 4 Seconds
- Release Time: Variable from 0.1 to 4 Seconds
- THD + N (+10dBu Applied): < 0.01% at 1kHz
- THD + N (Fast Attack Mode): < 0.3% at 1kHz, < 0.05% at 10kHz
- THD + N (Slow Attack Mode): < 0.03% at 1kHz, < 0.05% at 10kHz
- Output Headroom: > +26dBu at Onset of Clipping
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 130kHz, ±0.2dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
Solid State Logic X-Rack with Dynamics Modules Includes
- Solid State Logic X-Rack Fitted with 8 Dynamics Modules
- SSL X-Rack Owners Manual
- SSL X-Rack Dynamics Module Owners Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.