HALion — Create the future
HALion is the most comprehensive virtual sampling and sound design system available today and excels the present creative process for producers and sound designers in all areas.
It covers the complete creative workflow from recording and sample editing to programming advanced synthesis and modulation setups. With HALion, create customized user interfaces and export ready-to-release instrument libraries with every step streamlined to the greatest extent.
The powerful set of oscillators for seamless sample playback as well as the next-generation synthesis make HALion a versatile creative tool in simply every situation. Its broad library includes thousands of high-class and deep-sampled instruments and cutting-edge synthesizer sounds for all kinds of musical genres.
- State-of-the-art sampler and sound creation system tailored to the demands of professionals
- Advanced library creation tools including Macro Page Designer, drag-and-drop Library Creator and HALion scripting
- Powerful multi-timbral audio engine with disk-streaming sample playback, tone-wheel organ simulator and high-end virtual analog, granular and wavetable synthesis
- AudioWarp for cutting-edge time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- FlexPhraser module drives beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
- Outstanding library including over 3,400 synthesized sounds and breathtakingly authentic acoustic instruments
- Flexible user interface with multi-monitor support allowing you to customize and save your own windows and screen sets
- Wide range of high-end audio effects, including REVerence convolution reverb, VST Amp simulation and many more
- Up to 192 kHz, 32 stereo outputs and 6-channel surround support
- Cross-platform compatibility: Windows (VST 3, VST 2, AAX) and macOS (VST 3, AU, AAX) plug-in and standalone support
Expand your universe
More than a sampler
HALion combines the latest sampling and synthesis technology with streamlined content creation tools to provide a fully integrated sound design environment for creative professionals and enthusiasts alike. HALion offers a wide range of cutting-edge sound generators from granular, virtual analog and wavetable synthesis to ultra-authentic tone wheel organ and powerful sample playback. Build complex sample libraries on the fly, create cutting-edge synths and invent your own sound — all in one powerful instrument.
Mix it inside
HALion includes a state-of-the-art mixing engine with powerful routing options for complete control over your signal flow. There are virtually no restrictions — create an unlimited number of buses per program and layer and freely route the signals as desired. Each bus holds controls for level, pan, mute and solo as well as eight insert slots. What’s more, HALion features a total of 32 stereo output channels and 6-channel surround support.
HALion lets you sample sounds directly from your DAW, from any external source routed into HALion or internally from within HALion. The sample recording can be triggered manually, by threshold or MIDI events and thanks to the different automatic mapping modes your samples are ready to play in no time.
Flexible user interface
HALion incorporates the most efficient and flexible user interface presented in a virtual instrument, allowing you to undock, move and resize windows, create function tabs and save entire screen sets — ideal for multi-monitor setups and perfect for keeping you focused.
Leave your acoustic fingerprint
From surgically precise EQing to ultra-expressive sound design tools: with over 60 first-rate effect processors, HALion offers a plethora of creative options. Highlights include the REVerence convolution reverb, the acclaimed VST Amp guitar rack and innovative Resonator filter.
Instrument Library - Produced by renowned sound designing experts.
The sound library in HALion and HALion Sonic features thousands of programs and 30 GB of custom-recorded samples. The quality can only be described as opulent: created in cooperation with the team behind Yamaha’s MOTIF workstations, the content combines dynamic expressiveness with superb-sounding instruments and exclusive sounds.
Multi-articulation instruments with VST Expression support
The extensive HALion and HALion Sonic library includes many acoustic instruments with multiple articulations, recreating dynamics and playing techniques such as legato, staccato and key release. With full support for the revolutionary VST Expression system, both instruments allow full and direct control over those articulations from within Cubase.
Integrated MediaBay sound management
The integrated MediaBay sound management system makes it a breeze to organize and find samples, layers and presets. With HALion and HALion Sonic, the vast included library is immediately accessible for searching, browsing, categorizing and tagging. Instant searching by typing keywords puts the entire 30 GB large library at your fingertips in a nanosecond.
VST Sound expandable
HALion and HALion Sonic both support expansion packs in Steinberg’s universal VST Sound format for even more creative options. Sound libraries from Steinberg and third-party manufacturers in VST Sound format can be directly accessed through the MediaBay, Steinberg’s ultra-fast media database.
- The Raven grand piano - The Raven grand piano stands out with its compelling range of nuances, beautiful harmonic richness and a natural, precise and smooth playing feel that instantly convinces.
- The Eagle grand piano - The Eagle grand piano impresses with its rich, transparent and brilliant sound suited not just for traditional classic, but also modern pop, rock and jazz productions.
- Hot Brass - Hot Brass is a high-energy multi-sampled brass section library with a remarkably fat, tight and authentic sound best-suited for contemporary pop, funk, reggae and soul productions.
- Studio Strings - Studio Strings delights with an out-of-the-box string ensemble sample library tailored for film scores, pop arrangements and live performances and combines great playability and vibrant sound.
- Anima - Anima features two wavetable oscillators, a flexible modulation section and the powerful arpeggiator and comes with hundreds cutting-edge synth sounds for modern electronic productions.
- Skylab - Skylab combines granular synthesis with a vast sample library filled with analog circuitry sounds and futuristic textures for deep electronic projects and thrilling cinematic scores.
- Trium - Housed within a sleek, ultra-modern interface, Trium is packed with features and options: this virtual analog synth has what it takes to become the centerpiece of your next production. Three multi-oscillators, additional sub, noise and ring oscillators, a great-sounding filter section and an powerful arp module mean that Trium is fully equipped and ready for action. An integrated modulation page puts all the most important sound-shaping parameters at your command, which is very handy considering that there’s so much functionality to explore within the compact interface.
- Auron - Auron expands the sound spectrum with 160 granular synthesis presets for floaty pads, intriguing textures and fascinating new timbres. Yet Auron also gives you the creative freedom to fritter away hours designing new soundscapes; the interface is easy to navigate, yet that simplicity belies the extent of the creative power available. With its arpeggiator module, Auron also lets you generate patterns and phrases from the synth signals. Auron is a one-stop sound generator with the potential to add captivating new sounds to your productions.
- Voltage - Inspired by the world-famous analog synthesizers from yesteryear, Voltage adds the sonic range and monstrous power of true vintage style bass and offers lead sounds that exude the character and warmth that has inspired several generations of electronic musicians and producers. Whether played in monophonic or polyphonic mode, Voltage’s two oscillators feature connectible pulse-width modulation and a broad selection of wave shapes to bring that VA feel to your sounds: you can almost hear those virtual circuits crackle.
- World Instruments - From West African balafons to Japanese shakuhachis, from Shona kalimbas to Turkish tamburs, there is a whole new world of instruments out there waiting to be discovered in the form of World Instruments. Widen your horizons with over 60 melodic instruments from all over the world, and try out the accompanying tuning options to get a feel for musical styles and instruments you might not have known before. If you’re looking to create dynamic and evocative soundscapes, try the fully fledged arp section for even more inspiration.
- World Percussion - World Percussion invites you to discover percussion instruments from all over the globe: try the ashiko from sub-Saharan Africa, an Irish bodhrán or the South Indian ghatam. Play one of the incredibly diverse drum and percussion kits included. There are kits that focus on specific countries, such as Brazil or Turkey, and ones that feature sets of specific instruments such as whistles and tubes. MIDI phrases can be imported and exported, while performance parameters such as groove and sound-shaping options give you even more creative options.
- HALiotron - HALiotron is a painstaking reconstruction of the analog technology that was behind the hallmark sound of some the greatest bands in music history. Pressing just one key on the HALiotron will instantly evoke a timeless sound associated with rock and pop bands and songs from the ’60s and ’70s, and which has seen a strong resurgence in the last few years. Yet HALiotron adds the many advantages of a digital music production environment, including filters, envelopes and an amp section.
- Model C - A staggeringly authentic yet eminently useful tone-wheel organ emulation, Model C has the power to beguile and inspire thanks to a signature sound that’s been variously described as “smoky”, “punchy” or “silky”. Nine drawbars for the organ and three drawbars for percussion faithfully recreate the sound of an old drawbar organ (without the problem of where to put it). Model C also includes a highly realistic rotary effect as well as an amp section using emulations borrowed from Steinberg’s VST Amp effect.
- B-Box - B-Box is a classic step sequencer for beats and drum tracks: 16 steps, each with velocity control, and 13 instruments provide the tools for quick and easy beat production, while the integrated mixing section lets you tweak your sounds to perfection. Over 300 groove presets each with 6 patterns provide plenty of fodder should you need some inspiration. B-Box also offers integrated effects in the form of reverb and delay, while drag and drop of MIDI files allows easy transfer of patterns to Cubase.
System requirements - HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3
Mac OS X -
- macOS 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14 / 10.15
- VST 3, AAX or AU compatible host application for using as plug-in
- 64-bit Windows 7*/8.x/10
- VST 2, VST 3 or AAX compatible host application for using as plug-in
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 30 GB free HD space (90 GB required during installation)
- 1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 recommended)
- OS compatible audio hardware**
- Internet connection required for activation, account setup and personal/product registration. Additional downloads are required for the installation.
*Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 and Platform Update for Windows 7
**ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just like you. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass the savings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just like you! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, youâ€™ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturersâ€™ website(s) for this purpose.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.